Low amniotic fluid, being induced and freaking out!

ginger863

Mummy to Logan
Reaction score
Hi ladies. Im looking for a little bit of reassurance.
Im now 2 days overdue with my second baby. Had a midwife appointment followed by a routine appointment with my consultant today. The midwife appointment went fine. I refused a sweep as i really wanted it all to happen on its own. The midwife examined me and said my cervix was lovely and soft and she thought id go into labour on my own any time now and offered me the chance of a sweep again on friday if nothing happened. She said my bowel was really quite full so recommened taking some senokot to help empty it which might bring the babys head down just enough to start labour. I was more than happy with this.

I then had my consultant appointment where i was scanned which i didnt expect. Just thought hed give me a date for induction for maybe next week and thatd be it. However the scan showed that the amniotic fluid around the baby is lower than what they would like, only slightly, and he wanted to induce me tomorrow. I got quite upset and have managed to convince him to wait til thursday, mainly as my mum isnt arriving til tomorrow night to look after our little boy. Im so upset. This is really not what i expected or what i wanted. I have only heard bad things about being induced so am really quite scared now. I had some pictocin during my first labour and it made the contractions unbareable.

Does anyone have any positive induction stories to reassure me that this isnt gonna be the nightmare ive convinced myself it will be? :wacko::wacko:

:hugs: Sorry to hear that your not going naturally like you want to!
I was induced with my first, to make a really long story short, They broke my water's at 2CM which kicked it off, and 4hour's later I was 5CM, wanted to try a water birth, 5-6hour's later still 5CM so had to get out and be put on the hormone drip. 4-5hours later I was 10CM and ready to push. Unfortunately we were back to back and they hadn't picked up on it, so the pushing phase lasted 3hour's before they decided to use the vontouse with an episotomy (or as I like to call a cut and pull :haha:) and that did the trick! If it wasn't for the birthing pool slowing down my progression, and us being back to back I'm sure it would of been alot faster and easier! I'm booked in to be induced again tomorrow (on the condition there is a spare bed in labour/delivery, if not it'll be thursday, so keepin fingers crossed for tomorrow!) and I can confidently say I'm not scared in the slightest. Of course, first time around I didn't experience the gel or pessery's like other women have, but I hope that you feel a bit better about the whole situation all the same :flower:

Thank you very much for your reply. Its nice to hear about some one who thought it was a positive experience. I can always hope that things happen on their own before thursday but have kind of accepted that it will be induction on thursday now. I suppose the main thing is that baby arrives safe and sound. Just hoping they dont have to intervene too much. I hope they have room for your induction tomorrow, if not i'll be joining you on thursday! :hugs:

No experience here, but just wanted to wish you luck. I'm 33 weeks and have been told I have low amniotic fluid, they are trying to keep baby in, but may have to induce me early, but like you say, whatever is best for baby. all the best for Thursday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->