Low amniotic fluid worried sick

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Lilmiss1, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Lilmiss1

Lilmiss1 Mum

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with low amniotic fluid. I've had bleeding a few times and my bump was measuring small so I was booked for a 32 week scan. The consultant said I have low amniotic fluid which could be due to a problem with lo's kidneys and the lack of fluid could affect his/ her lungs. The baby's measurements look fine so We are grateful for that. The dr said there is nothing I can do to help, but looks like baby will come early and that they will do everything they can to keep baby in till 37 weeks.

I'm so scared. Why is nothing ever simple for us?

2. Jennifaerie

Jennifaerie Mummy to 1, baking #2

Sorry I've no experience but didn't want to R + R x I've heard of some ladies increasing their amniotic fluid by getting plenty to drink?

:hugs: It's fab that measurements are good

3. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

Try not to worry hunni, I know easier said than done but now they have been alerted to this they will keep a close eye on you. Did they say what your levels were? Because that obviously makes a difference. Increase your water intake so your drinking twice to 3 times more than usual and rest whenever you can xx

4. rtracey80

rtracey80 My fiance Tony and my son

5. Lilmiss1

Lilmiss1 Mum

Thank you

My level was 7.2, I just posted to you on the gestational complication thread, yours is even lower. I asked the dr about drinking more water and she said it wouldn't help. But I have really increased my fluid intake, because I've read that it will help. Hoping it will. Plus I haven't been back to work since I found out on Tuesday so hopefully the rest has helped. I'll find out at the scan tomorrow.

6. Lilmiss1

Lilmiss1 Mum

7. 10thSept

10thSept Mummy to one

Hi
    I had low fluid in my last pregnancy, got told the same scary things but dd was a week overdue and perfect.
    I agree with just trying to up the fluid intake and try not to worry too much hun, easier said than done I know!!!!

8. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

Yep i jus noticed it was you heh. I dunno whether it does or not but its worth a try! I will keep a look out for your posts, fingers crossed for tomorrow! :D x

9. Irishmammy

Irishmammy Mum of 2 soon to be 3

I had low fluid with my daughter now 2, she was born at t+14, they also said she was small when she was born she was 8lb 13 and perfect.
    I though that fluid levels in 3rd tri where between 5cm and 20cm.
    I was advised to increase my fluids, and was placed on a monitor quite a lot to check for signs of distress, she obviously wasn't that bothered cause she refused to budge and needed an induction to shift her. Xx

10. mommytobe1204

mommytobe1204 Well-Known Member

My fluids are low now doc said aslong as its over 2 cent. Not to b worried but i go bk for another ultrasound if its lower km gettn induced

11. Srrme

Srrme Well-Known Member

I personally don't have experience with this, but my mom had low amniotic fluid with me and I turned out fine. :)