Low Beta Hcg levels....Any success stories??

Jerseymumma

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to doc today as having some spotting, I'm about 17dpo. I have had two bfps at home but test at docs was negative.
He took bloods for hcg levels which came back as 33. I am having more on thurs. I know this is extremely low and am expecting the worse but just wondered if anyone had low levels and went on to have a successful pregnancy?
Thanks xxxx

I wouldn't say that was too bad Hun. It's in normal ranges on the chart I have. When did you get your bfp? I got mine at 15dpo and it was so so faint so I wouldn't say mine would have been much higher at 17dpo. I think doctors aren't so concerned with the number, more weather it doubles as it should in the time frame. Are they doing repeat bloods?

Thanks Hun, I got bfp 14dpo after what I thought was AF. It was very faint, I then took another this morn and it was a bit darker. Also been spotting all day but no pain. Having repeat bloods on thurs. Did you have blood test?xx

I got my bfp then 2 days later I started spotting/bleeding went A&E they did bloods came back 18miu then Sunday at EPU took docs test and was negative so had to repeat bloods 72 hours later and results were 60 and still was spotting so they repeated bloods but because it was over Xmas I had to wait 7 days and they came back 1434.

In the mean time I did clear blue digitals too keep my mind at rest as the tests were still bfp, when my hcg was 18 I got pregnant 1-2 and when was 60 I got pregnant 1-2 then 3 days later I got 2-3 then 5 days after that I got 3 plus pregnant day after my 1434 reading came back, they told me to expect the worse but I just knew I was still pregnant, so kept resting even docs thought blood would decrease and my levels would go even lower but this little bean suprised them :) <3 xxx

I wouldn't say that was too bad Hun. It's in normal ranges on the chart I have. When did you get your bfp? I got mine at 15dpo and it was so so faint so I wouldn't say mine would have been much higher at 17dpo. I think doctors aren't so concerned with the number, more weather it doubles as it should in the time frame. Are they doing repeat bloods?

Yea I had mine done at 5 and a half weeks after some spotting and was 1000 and then the next day was 1406. Honestly though I wouldn't worry just yet. Probably your little one just implanted late so your numbers need time to rise a little :)

I got my bfp then 2 days later I started spotting/bleeding went A&E they did bloods came back 18miu then Sunday at EPU took docs test and was negative so had to repeat bloods 72 hours later and results were 60 and still was spotting so they repeated bloods but because it was over Xmas I had to wait 7 days and they came back 1434.

In the mean time I did clear blue digitals too keep my mind at rest as the tests were still bfp, when my hcg was 18 I got pregnant 1-2 and when was 60 I got pregnant 1-2 then 3 days later I got 2-3 then 5 days after that I got 3 plus pregnant day after my 1434 reading came back, they told me to expect the worse but I just knew I was still pregnant, so kept resting even docs thought blood would decrease and my levels would go even lower but this little bean suprised them :) <3 xxx

Wow Cherished! That's amazing, it gives me hope! What was your bleeding like? Did you have pain? Did they find out what it was? Sorry for all questions!xx

Yea I had mine done at 5 and a half weeks after some spotting and was 1000 and then the next day was 1406. Honestly though I wouldn't worry just yet. Probably your little one just implanted late so your numbers need time to rise a little :)

Thank you Maryanne, I really hope so but not feeling positive xx

Hey Hun, bleeding 1st time round at beginning was pink and a little red, bleeding 2nd time at 8 weeks was a little red, pink & brown then stayed brown for a while now turned into yellow tinged discharge fingers crossed the bleeding stops now, at 1st I thought it must of been break through bleed as happened everytime I would of expected period, but scan at 8 weeks showed a small bleed near the babies sac, doc said nothing to worry too much about just try take things a little easy xx

Also no pain hun the odd few cramps but I've had cramps and twinges from
The start midwife said its growing pains xx

Hey I got my bfp at 11 dpo and had blood drawn that day. HCG was 17. doc also told me it was low and I should just check for bleeding etc. Scared the crap out of me. Got another draw at 13 dpo and it was 63. Then 2 days later I had bright red blood WITH cramping! Not a lot of blood though but enough to scare me. This was on a Saturday around midnight. No more bleeding the sunday just brown spotting. Got another draw the Monday (17dpo) and it was 557. I had a scan at 7w4d and all was good with nice heartbeat.

I get so mad at the docs saying these things as when I went to my OB she just said 'it has to start somewhere'. She wasn't worried at all and didn't even want to do a second blood draw.

your dates could be wrong, I got a late BFP and my HCG was 51 at 5w4d but actually just had a scan today and ive been back dated 2w4d weeks which means my BFP was actually unbelievably early and the the 51 beta was actually at 3 weeks

Thanks all it does give me hope! I have been spotting on and off, only when I wipe. It has stopped for now and still no pain. I took another test today, not much change. Top one is today. What do you think? Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 22
Are those asda tests Hun? I used those to test for progression and that's a lovely line. Took me a while on those tests to get a dark line! I honestly think all will be ok for you! :)

Thanks Maryanne, do you think the top one looks darker?
They are ebay cheapies xx
With your bleeding, was it like a period? Mine is only when I wipe and sometimes it's a red wine sort of colour! Sorry tmi!xx

Top one is definitely darker than the middle one! I forgot to mention that I had the bright red bleeding for 1/2 day and the brown spotting for another 8 days.

I also read here that lower hcg levels indicate that it will be a boy :)

Really nixm that's interesting! I have two girls and when preg with them the tests were very strong!xx fingers crossed my levels go up!xx

Spotting this pregnancy was just a few spots of red blood and some pink discharge but with my son I bled heavily all the way through my pregnancy. I mean enough to fill pads. No explanation was found for the bleeding and he was born perfectly healthy.

It's so weird I hate this waiting around!
I didn't have bleeding with my girls only with my mmc, but not until 11 weeks so this is very different. And no pain at all. My boobs still hurt but that is only symptom xx

Hi all,

I went to doc today as having some spotting, I'm about 17dpo. I have had two bfps at home but test at docs was negative.
He took bloods for hcg levels which came back as 33. I am having more on thurs. I know this is extremely low and am expecting the worse but just wondered if anyone had low levels and went on to have a successful pregnancy?
Thanks xxxx

like everyone is saying your probably really early. Best wishes tomorrow.

Thanks all xx
Had 2nd bloods taken today, still waiting!
When I was in docs on tues the urine test was negative but today was positive. Does anyone know what sensitivity these tests are? My numbers were 33 on tues. I know the test line is very faint but thinking that the sensitivity is higher on these for some reason! It is a cassette test.
Thanks xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583