Low blood pressure anyone???

Nickyb90

Reaction score
When i went to my booking appointment my midwife told me my blood pressure was low 70 over 50!! before it used to be 110 over something. I keep getting headaches and was wondering if thats why. Anyone else got low blood pressure? and any tips?

My last BP check was 80/40.
I get dizzy a lot, and feel faint and weak and tired all the time!

The only advice online I have found is to eat little and often and make sure you drink enough water. Not that great, but it's all I have found!

Good luck xx

Mine is normally 85/50 and has dropped in the last few weeks. I just make sure I drink lots of water and get up SLOW. Dehydration will lower it even more. And if I get up too fast (especially from lying down), I see stars and black out - so make sure not to leap up off your chair!

Hi

I saw my midwife last night and mine was also really low. I am usually a little under but never this low. He told me it is due to our bodies boosting the volume of blood we have which will be required as our pregnancies advance. so in the mean time our body compensates for this extra blood by lowering blood pressure.

I am not sure about headaches but know it is a definitely contributes to faintness/dizzy spells. I often loose my vision when i stand up. I have to try and remember to do things super slowly so I do not loose vision and faint. I think mine has also been worse soemtimes due to low blood sugar when struggling to eat due to morning sickness.

Good luck.

Mine's low too, though I also have heart problems so it's hard to know what's that and what's pregnancy. I find chocolate helps. Or maybe it's just a good excuse :rofl:

Being pregnant gives you lower blood pressure - hence light headedness being a symptom.
If your midwife was concerned they would have told you I'm sure.

As a tip, try and eat healthy snacks throughout the day to stablise blood sugar maybe?

The main way to increase blood pressure is to drink plenty of water.

Other than that just slow down, get up slowly, don't do things that are likely to make you dizzy etc such as heights, extreme temperatures, anything which can make you gasp for breath.

If it is a problem for you though speak to your doctor or midwife about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->