Low blood pressure? Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Lawhra, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

I had midwife round Wednesday and she took my blood pressure for the first time this pregnancy (I'm 13+6). She said it was really low which explained why I get dizzy and nearly fainted twice. But does anyone know if it makes you tired also? My bp was 95/50. And I've been stressed! Now some of the stressful situations are being resolved I hope it doesn't go lower! :haha:

2. Ebony_Blaze

Ebony_Blaze Guest

Hi hun

I'm not sure what my BP is but I have low BP and have done before I was pregnant. Yes you do generally feel tired and get dizzy very easily, mostly from just getting up quick then getting head rush but sometimes just sitting there, I had bad headaches before pregnancy, well and even now and when I was being investigated for them, all the consultants picked up that I had low Bp. My MW said its not anything to worry about, just take it easy getting around which is more excuses to put your feet up which I love !

x

3. Lawhra

I had low BP before too but think it may be lower now!
    It is interesting you say you have headaches as lately I have been getting them the evenings and I very rarely get them. Sorry you get them bad and frequently, I hope they ease.
    He he, any excuse to be relaxing is a great one :D

4. WEEZIE

WEEZIE Well-Known Member

Hi mine is 90/60. I have always had low blood pressure. I do sometimes feel very tired and dizzy as a result of this, especially if I don't eat enough. I am 13 weeks pregnant now and have had a few dizzy spells. Try to drink plenty of fluids and put your feet up if you feel a bit off. It tends to pass quite quickly for me.

xx

5. Lawhra

The dizziness passes quickly for me too. It is the tiredness I don't like. My iron levels are fine so it's not anaemia. I'm hoping to feel more energetic soon. Most of the time I don't even feel like talking I'm so tired!