• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Low blood sugar and extreme hunger

xsadiex

Reaction score
I can't really remember this with my other pregnancies but I do ha e an awful memory!

I keep getting extreme hunger and feeling so sick, then I get shaky and feel like I have super low blood sugar. I wonder if this is something normal or something to worry about?

I think it's normal. At least I get that when I am pregnant unless I eat something small every 2 hrs or so. I'll get shaky, headachy, nauseous, and miserable. It's surprising how hard it hits me when I'm pregnant. I get it somewhat when I'm not pregnant but usually it's if I go 4 hrs or more without food during the day. Something to do with blood sugar regulation.

I find that protein snacks and some non-sugary carbs work best. Cheese and whole wheat crackers or nuts or peanut butter on whole wheat bread work the best for me. And eggs.

Extremely normal! That is one of my main first trimester symptoms.

Yep definitely normal, snack little and often. Xx

Very normal indeed. Iv had it with both my pregnancies and getting it so bad with this one. I'm eating so much. It already looks like I'm 8 months!

I don't think I had it so bad with the last two. It seems to have subsided in the last few days and now I have awful trapped wind... Pregnancy is so fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"