Low carb whilst pregnant?

sparkle_bump

Reaction score
I will begin trying for my 3rd next month and am currently keeping the carbs low in order to shift a little weight beforehand.

I have done low carb before and my body reacts really well to it, especially after having my boys. When I eat refined carbs like bread, pasta etc I just get bloated, feel sluggish and unhealthy and the weight creeps up.

So my question is, has anyone maintained a low (not no) carb diet whilst pregnant and were there any implications in doing so?

Thanks!

I had to go low carbon when pregnant with my son. Due to gestational diabetes, it worked well. I lost 9lbs while pregnant (which was fine as I was over weigh anyway) baby grew fine too.

Low carb for me is the only way to watch my calorie intake anyway, there's just too many calories to justify eating it!

I wouldn't think there would be any implications so long as your getting a nutrient rich diet and not going low calorie on it x

Yeah, I also get gestational diabetes and have to go to a quite low carb diet. It makes not gaining too much pregnancy weight really easy. With my pregnancies, I only gained 20 lbs the first time and 15 lbs the second time. My babies were both just a little over 7 lbs. Healthy happy babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"