low cervix - prolapse 13 weeks

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-

I am going to post this in every forum in case I can find someone who has experienced this.

I was at the dr monday for an ultrasound at almost 13 weeks. All was fine, but when he looked inside with the speculum he said my cervix was very low. He asked if I peed when I would cough or sneeze, but I haven't noticed that yet. He asked me to abstain from sex and said if dh penetrated even half an inch he would hit it (I have a cervical ectropian so I would bleed a lot if hit) He didn't sound too concerned and said it would probably go back into place after delivery, but would probably drop again during menopause when estrogen levels drop. He said that there is a chance it might raise when my uterus lifts out of my pelvis. I am VERY tall and have a deep pelvis, so my uterus is going to continue to grow there longer than usual before lifting up.

After doing some research I started to get very worried as I read that if it gets worse it sounds like this is rare and can lead to preterm labor. Does anyone have any experience with this? Right now everything is still inside. I check with a mirror and there is nothing at the opening or coming out, but I am so afraid that it might. I am trying to be careful not to make it worse by lifting etc, but I have a 2 year old so it is hard. I also have pelvic pain, so the normal kegels that can help with this stuff is not the best for me to do. I plan on going to my physical therapist to get some exercises to help with this that won't hurt my pelvic issues, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this? THanks!

I don't have any experience at all with this but I really hope you get some answers soon, sounds so worrying for you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->