Low fertilisation - is there any hope?

Littlegreen

Reaction score
I just had the call after EC yesterday that only 3 of my 11 eggs fertilised. I'm gutted as I've normally had at least 90% fertilisation rate. Can anyone tell me any success stories after such a low fertilisation rate?! In my mind, I just can't see any of the final three surviving since so many of them died initially. This is my last ever cycle so this really is last chance saloon. Thank you

Just as some hope. Our last cycle we retrieved 22 eggs but for some reason only 4 were initially mature. This was my fifth full ivf cycle and I usually have only 2-3 that are immature. So we don't know what happened (meds dose was too high; new clinic and on higher dose and stimmed for 2 days less). Anyways 8 more eggs were matured in a dish so we had 12 "Mature" eggs. Eggs matured in dish don't normally do well but we had 6 total fertilized- 3 from the initial mature and 3 from the other 8. We usually have 75-90% fertilization with icsi so idk why it was so low again.Ended up with only 3 on day 5 but only 1 great embryo, 1 okay but a little slow embryo and one embryo that was a morula still. The embryologist didn't expect them to survive to day 6 so we went ahead and transferred all 3 and I went ahead and got my meds for another cycle since I paid for a 2 cycle package at the new clinic. Anyways 4-5 days later I got a bfp!! And I'm 20 weeks now and baby is kicking me!! So don't lose hope!! Your bfp may be in those 3.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'm also trying to conceive a sibling for my DS. Praying there is a fighter in there!! I had a call last night saying they checked my eggs before they chucked them and two had fertilised late. Lazy like their brother! Hoping this is positive for the other three.

Did you have icsi? I'm sure you have a fighter in there!!

Congratulations to pregnancy !! I also try to imagine a brother for my DS. Pray there's a fighter out there !! I got a call last night, saying that they checked my eggs before they threw them fertilized and two late. Lazy as their brother! Hoping that this is a positive factor for the other three.

I've just come across this thread, a year and a half later! For anyone searching for similar stories who comes across this thread, a quick update... By day five two eggs were still standing. I was warned they weren't the greatest quality (3bb and 2//ungradable) and they were quite small, so they agreed to put them both back in. Those small, early blastocysts are now both about to turn one. Anything can happen!

I've just come across this thread, a year and a half later! For anyone searching for similar stories who comes across this thread, a quick update... By day five two eggs were still standing. I was warned they weren't the greatest quality (3bb and 2//ungradable) and they were quite small, so they agreed to put them both back in. Those small, early blastocysts are now both about to turn one. Anything can happen!

What a fantastic outcome. Congratulations. <3

Perfect outcome! Congrats! I personally believe they discard too many embryos because they think they aren't good. I wish they would let the families decide if they want to keep the poorly graded ones or not. What a great outcome!

Ahh so glad you updated this thread. Amazing news :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->