Low fetal heart rate at 6w6d

MamaBerry

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just had my first ultrasound today and I'm 6w6d based on my LMP. The doctor told me the heart rate was really low at 78, and the baby was measuring behind at 6w1d. She said it could mean 1 of 2 things: 1. Impending miscarriage, or 2. It's just too early to see the baby properly. I have a follow up booked for 2 weeks.

I've been crying on and off since the appointment. My husband says to think positive because we atleast saw a heartbeat, but I'm so worried I will miscarry. I'm 39 so I know my chances of miscarriage are really high.

Has anyone gone through the same thing and had a successful pregnancy?

I dont have any personal experience From other posts I have read like the doctor says it could go either way. There is certainly still hope. Waiting another 2 weeks to find out is torture:/. Hugs

Aw I am so sorry you're going through this. I don't personally have any experience with this as I had my first ultrasound at 11 weeks and the heart rate was 172. 6w6d is very early and the heart rates start out slow and eventually peak and then decrease again later in the pregnancy. I have heard other women state that their doctors don't even bother to tell them the heart rate when they are as early on as you are because the most important thing is that a heart beat is present and it can cause undue stress. Hang in there, lovely. I know how hard this must be for you. You might be considered "Advanced Maternal Age", but plenty of women your age and older have babies. Measuring up to a week behind is perfectly normal. Babies come in all sizes, just like adults, so you sound like you're measuring just right. Everything could very well work out. Don't give up hope. Keep us posted. Sending you many wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

Hi BunnyN and hope2b, thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I really appreciate it! After having a terrible day yesterday, I am feeling a bit better this morning. I'm trying to stay positive and think of all the good things that can happen, but the next 2 weeks will be very hard.

I'll post an update on the 24th to let you know what has happened, but for now, and for my sanity, I think I may avoid the internet for a while.

Much love and blessings to both of you!

I wouldn't give up hope. At 6 weeks and 5 days I didn't even have a fetal pole. They were very much hoping for a start of a heartbeat or a fetal pole and had said if they found either they would consider my pregnancy healthy so I think you have reason to hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->