Low Fluid level @ 31w

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
We had our scan today to check the baby growth due to GD, and although baby looks great my fluids surrounding her are really low. We were given a stress test and thankfully she is doing great right now, but just as a precaution my Dr gave us a steroid shot just in case she has to come super early and scheduled another ultrasound for next week. I am not leaking fluid so it is not that.
I am trying not to freak out. We are only 31w3d and I know this is too early.
Is there anyone that has been in this situation before and what can I do? Rest? Water?
Any positive stories out there?

oh no, I'm so sorry. That must be such a worry. I have heard other women saying they were advised to drink lots of water. That's second hand advice though. Hopefully someone who has been there can help more.

Sorry to hear this- did they say what your levels were? I've had it with a couple of my babys so i understand how worrying and stressful it is. With my Son, each week mine got lower and lower, til they dropped to below 2. They kept telling me that whilst the placenta and cord were working well, that he was better off in than out. I had weekly Doppler and growth scans and was told to be extra vigilant with movement as that could be first indicator that baby was not happy. Thankfully my levels went up a little bit to 4 by my final scan and he was born healthy at 39 weeks.

The Afv I think was 4.8 (overall measurements)
and the MVP was 3.3 (deepest pocket)

Coconut water and drink lots of it. I have not had this problem myself but at one point they did suspect it and I was advised coconut water really helps

Hope it's just the drs being extra cautious. Here they don't even do scans between 20 and 36 weeks so I guess if anyone had the same problem it probably wouldn't even be spotted. The midwife measures the size of my belly each visit but that's about it.

Fx all goes well and water level stays high.

Xxx

They can check with those measurement they do as well so don’t worry. They would just order an ultrasound after the physical check if the bump size and feel was not what it should be.

Drinking lots of water, got myself some coconut water and keeping fingers crossed

Sorry to hear this- did they say what your levels were? I've had it with a couple of my babys so i understand how worrying and stressful it is. With my Son, each week mine got lower and lower, til they dropped to below 2. They kept telling me that whilst the placenta and cord were working well, that he was better off in than out. I had weekly Doppler and growth scans and was told to be extra vigilant with movement as that could be first indicator that baby was not happy. Thankfully my levels went up a little bit to 4 by my final scan and he was born healthy at 39 weeks.

So glad he was born healthy at 39 Weeks. That is amazing to hear.
When did they notice the low fluid(
If you remember)

I think it was at my 32 week growth scan. It was around 7 on that one I think but each week it decreased and each week I would go on the monitor and see the consultant and he would tell me that so long as he was moving well and the cord flow was good then it was best to leave him in.
I know its worrying but if baby did have to come early youre at a decent gestation now. It could even be a case that youve been scanned at a point Where baby has been drinking but not weed the fluid back out and your levels may be back up next week. Fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->