Low HCG and Healthy Baby!

kittiyara

Mommy to JD
Reaction score
I just wanted to submit a little message of hope for those ladies struggling with the dang hcg beta tests. I know that for most of the time if a low hcg value is present it usually results in miscarriage - I've had that happen a few times. BUT every once in a while it doesn't mean bad news. I just want to share my personal story because there were so few (almost none) stories out there with low hcg levels and happy endings. Here were my betas:

18 dpo (4w4d): 170
20 dpo (4w6d): 440
26 dpo (5w5d): 2952

I was so sure this was going to be another chemical pregnancy but
on my early ultra sound at 5w5d we saw a flittering heart beat which my RE said was surprising because it was so early. With my first son, my hcg levels were SO high I thought it might be twins (around 12 dpo it was close to 400 and near 9000 at like 5 weeks) I'm adding this because I came across some stories where women just naturally always had low hcg levels with every pregnancy. Just rest assured that every woman is different and every pregnancy is different even within the same womb! I am about to leave the first trimester but want to wish every one happy and lucky baby dust and don't give up hope!

Its not the level of hcg that matters its that its doubling in 48hrs thats important not the number the scale,is huge

Well, sometimes its true that the actual number doesn't matter but when your level is significantly lower than the average its often not a good sign - but not always! : )

Mine are not low but not doubling :(
Sunday 1500
monday scan showed sac in right place
Tuesday 2350
Thursday 3260

been told to expect a miscarriage so having another scan tomorrow to see whats happening.
so frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->