Low hcg and progesterone...probably won't be here long...

tkeith8109

Reaction score
Nurse called and my hcg is at 8 and progesterone is 3.4....i am 4+2 today. She said to look out for cramping and bleeding, which I haven't had. I have you go back tomorrow for more blood test, but wont know unail next week since its the weekend. I'm just really sad. Anyone else have this happen and were fine?

Hi,

Just wanted to say I'm the thinking of you and I hope all goes well at your next appointment
Bx

Unfortunately, I have had this happpen before. However, keep your faith , you never know

I have had a mc before at 7 weeks so I know this feeling all too well. I just don't want it to happen again.

Sorry to hear that this may have happened before. doctors put me on progesterone to maintain my pregnancy

Question...if I start taking progesterone now can it save this pregnancy or is it too late? I asked if I could take it and she said to wait. However I won't get answer til next week. If I can try and save it i will.

When I was pregnant with my first I didn't get blood work until 7 weeks and they didn't call me back until 8 weeks, telling me then that my progesterone was low and they were prescribing oral progesterone supplements to prevent miscarriage. Thankfully everything ended up ok but it wa a truly terrifying. I don't know what gestational ages and conditions they prescribe it for, other than my own situation. I hope your baby sticks! Maybe the egg just implanted late and hasn't had time to build everything up yet.

Taking progesterone wont stop a miscarriage in most cases.. it can help support a pregnancy, but not stop it from ending...My most recent miscarriage happened while i was taking vaginal progesterone 2x a day.. That being said, im so sorry for the news.. I know the feeling all too well, I hope positive news comes your way. <3

The trick I found with the vaginal progesterone was to lay with my legs slightly raised for 20mins after insertion. Hcg number is healthy as long as it doubles , the starting number is not the indicator

The bleeding started this afternoon. Luckily I was only 1 day off so my cycle shouldn't be too off now. Thanks ladies. I hope to be back soon.

Sorry to hear that. I remember like it was yesterday it is so intense. Do you have someone suppoting you? One thing at this point was to have my vitamin and mineral levels checked to see if there were any other factors. I was very low on a number of things. After 3 months of taking them I managed to begin a healthy pregnancy

Well my thyroid levels are good. Just had them checked wed, but I do have a vitamin d deficiency. I have been taking my prenatals every day so I thought I would be good. I really think it was just something wrong. I'm going to restart my progesterone again this month and hope for the best

Vitamin D was one of my deficiencies as well as iron and selenium. Support is so important during this time. You must be just exhausted from the waiting and ups and downs of the last few weeks .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->