LOW HCG but DOUBLING?

Hope16

Reaction score
My Betas have been doubling (yay!) but the numbers are SO LOW. Anyone know of someone having betas like this and it turning out to be okay??

Trigger Shot- 1/11/18
IUI day- 1/13/18
1st Beta (14dpiui) 5.75
2nd Beta- (16dpiui) 17
3rd Beta- (18dpiui) 42
4th Beta- (20dpiui) 133.5
5th Beta- waiting for call from nurse....

all pregnancies start like that, you just caught it really early. the fact that your numbers are more than doubling every 48 hours is a really positive sign. :flower:

GL, H&H9

my doctor is concerned it could be an ectopic pregnancy because my numbers are so low. Also, I should mention I was bleeding bright red blood (moderately heavy) 15dpiui through 19dpiui (Sunday 1/28 through Thursday 2/1). I haven't bled since. And my numbers were still rising. I guess today's beta will determine what's going on...if my hcg doubles again I might be okay. If they level off or drop, it could confirm it's ectopic.

The part that stinks is, your hcg needs to be over 1000 to be able to see if it implanted in my uterus. My numbers are so low, I have to wait it out.

Your numbers are actually tripling so I would say it’s a good sign.

mel28nicole, you're right. They are more than doubling! I will hold on to any little bit of hope I can.

Waiting for these phone calls from the RE's office make me so anxious. I stare at my phone all day waiting for my results. I think today's results will give me the peace of mind I need.

My HCG started out at a 10 because I found out I was pregnant really early. The fact that the HCG is doubling is a really good sign, my HCG doubled every 25 hours at first then once it got up higher it was every 55 hours. So even though it was super low to begin with, it just meant I caught the pregnancy really early.

I remember going through this a few years ago, I even posted a thread about it, Doctors looking at me all concerned because my numbers were so low, but they were doubling. I also was told to prepare for ectopic and also told at 1000 we should see something on a scan, went at 1800 nothing on a scan not even a sac, they wanted to do a small surgery to investigate in my tubes, 4800 we saw a empty sac, was told could still possibly be another in my tube, as numbers this high I should now see something, went back again (around 10,800) finally saw baby with HB she’s now 14 months x

The doctors scared the life out of me, counting down the weeks back from her due date turned out I was only 4w 3d at my first ultrasound no wonder we didn’t see anything! X

@ Keepsmiling91, wow that is an incredible story. It's amazing how we can let ourselves get caught up in what "ought to be". I really appreciate you sharing your story...it eases my nerves quite a bit. I am praying my circumstances turn out to be as positive as yours!

My beta only went from 133.5 to 165.4
So it stopped doubling. And my progesterone went from an 8 to a 7.9

I have to go for an ultrasound Friday to find out if it's in my tube or uterus and then figure out if we need to do a D&C or that methotrexate shot.

So bummed.

Hey ladies ... thanks to anyone who still might be following along. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound today. The doctor said there was nothing in my uterus and my lining was a 2. So no need for a D&C. However there was a mass inside my right fallopian tube. It could be a blood clot left over from the bleed I had two weeks ago. The only way to tell if this mass is still an embryo is to see what my beta levels are doing. Last Monday they stalled out at 165. Today they came back at 90 which is a good sign it's potentially resolving itself.

I had a choice- either come back today and get the methotrexate shot to abort whatever might be lingering. Then I can't conceive for 3 months in order to avoid birth defects. Or come back sunday for bloodwork and ultrasound. They want to see if my numbers drop significantly again and to measure the mass. If it's shrinking or dissolved completely that's a good sign it's resolving on its own and not a risk of rupture.

I chose to wait until Sunday. I am so scared of needles and I really think it might be resolving on its own. Plus I don't want to inject myself with a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. All of that scares me.

Do you think I've made the right choice?

Just remember all these medical tools are relatively new - people’s bodies have been handling pregnancies and losses of pregnancies from the start. I think you made a good choice to wait and see what your body can do on its own.

I’m so sorry for your loss

My numbers jumped from 90 to 190 so I was advised yesterday that I need to come in for the shot. They took my height, weight, temperature and blood pressure. I go back at noon and we will discuss the hcg levels and I will get the shot.

I woke up this morning and was bleeding again. I have tension on my left side which is weird because the ectopic mass is on my right side. I am a ball of emotions. Angry, sad, overwhelmed, scared. My husband just doesn't understand because it's not happening to him. He gets to be a spectator from the sidelines and I am the one that has to get poked for blood draws and get pumped with hormones. Now I have to get another big needle full of a chemotherapy drug that can cause birth defects. Plus I hate the idea of waiting another 3 months to try again. I am going to be 36 years old this August so a part of me feels like I'm racing the clock. It just seems so unfair.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Be kind to yourself during this tough time. Wishing you much love and healing ❤❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->