• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

low hcg level

shey6109

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to doctor on Tues and she had me do blood test. She then emailed me results and told me my results came back positive. She then said my hcg level was low at 96 but I might be in early pregnancy so I would have to come back in a few weeks to do another one to see if my levels went up. Don't know what to make of this. Am I pregant or not. Any advice ladies.

Yes definitely pregnant! And everyone has different levels, and you have to start somewhere! As long as it is rising at the right rate you will be fine :flower:

How many dpo were you for the test?
At 12dpo mine was 20
At 14dpo mine was 60

They said these were very low, and to top it off I'm having twins!

Here's the weird thing. I did not get my period all the month of feb. The docter said I was a few weeks pregnant. So as u can see it was a surprise to my husband and i. Now I'm scared to take home pregancy test because what if it saids it's negative. I had my blood pregancy test tues. Do you think it's too early to do home pregancy test?

If your levels are at 96, most hpts will show positive. Keep in mind that different ones have a different threshold for when they'll show positive, but most seem to be relatively low like 15 - 20. I think there are some that may be 100 (not sure, but if so, probably a just a few).

I believe anything above 5 is a positive pregnancy test (or maybe even 10???). Do keep in mind that hcg levels vary greatly with each week. If you look at this website (https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/) and go down about halfway, it'll show you just how much hcg levels vary. Just because it may seem "low" doesn't mean it's not normal!

Congrats :hugs:

The starting level isn't important, the doubling time is.

Hi ladies I just did a home pregancy test and it was positive. Thank you so much for all your feed back

I would wager that as long as they’re doubling (or more than doubling), you’re fine. From what I’ve heard, when hCG is lower, it doubles faster.

A reasonable explanation for this could be late ovulation (a few days after a +OPK rather than the day of the +OPK) and late implantation. Obviously, I have no idea if this is reasonable, but I’d like to think it is. I hope everything works out for you and baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"