Low HCG Level

Valarie

Reaction score
Hey,

So i haven't had a period since April 19th but i was two weeks late before this last period so im having irregular periods and that's not normal for me. and i have had two positive home tests on Sunday and Monday. Went into the doctor and my HCG level is 84 and the doctor is worried that it is low for how far along i am. doctors say that im not going to have a successful preg. or that im not as far along as they originally thought. im scared out of my mind that im going to miscarry. i want this child so bad and so does my husband.

Anyone else have a close situation and have a successful full term pregnancy??

If your irregular then chances are your just not as far along as you think you are? I'm not sure how a doctor can say a pregnancy won't be successful without repeat bloods to see how your levels are rising? I would go back to see your doctor and request repeat bloods ASAP. That will give you a clearer picture of what's going on. Good luck hun!

Thanks!! i have appointment today for another blood hcg test. im hopeful but i can hear repeat in my head is Miscarriage.

I hope everything works out well and that your levels increase. It may be possible that you are still earlier than you thought though some girls do have low hormone levels throughout their entire pregnancies and still go on to carry healthy babies :)

Sorry, no personal experience. But I agree with previous poster. I don't see any reason at all that they would say that.

Just because you haven't had a period since April 19th, doesn't mean you ovulated on May 3rd. Especially if you had a long cycle the month before, it's likely you just ovulated a few weeks ago, making your number perfect!

Was this your primary doctor? Sometimes they don't know as much as they think they do about early pregnancy. They ask "When was the first day of your last period?" and that's all they ask. That's not actually enough information.

If you had a long cycle last month too, there is no reason to think that you're past the point where 84 could be normal. 84 could be normal could anywhere up to five weeks pregnant:

Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a GUIDELINE&#8211; every woman&#8217;s level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters but rather the change in the level.

(see link: https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/)

What's more important is how quickly the numbers go up! So I say CONGRATS!

Keep us posted please!!! Good luck. I think you'll end up with a number MUCH higher tomorrow.

No that was a obgyn doctor. Thanks for replaying and giving me more hope for good news :)

You all are great!!!

I will keep you posted :)

So what is a good increase in levels to prove a successful pregnancy?

Most doctors consider it to be if the previous level doubles in 48 hours but my consultant said as long as it rises by 60% then there is no cause for concern :)

So just got a call from my doctor!!! My level is now at 200 something!! so im only about 4-5 weeks along when they originally thought 7 weeks. so my numbers are perfect.

i just wanted to let everyone know and say thanks for all the positive feedback and giving me hope and staying positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"