Low hcg levels 16dpo

A

AndreZZ

Hi ladies,

So I got my BFP at 14dpo yay!! I was super excited, so at 16 dpo I decided to go ahead and confirm it with bloodwork. My doctor called me and told me my levels were on the low side (149)..she said not to worry that it's still early on but of course that's impossible for me!
She wants me to get more bloodwork done at 21 dpo to make sure things are moving along.

Should I be worried? I really REALLY am...I haven't had any bleeding or cramping, just some bloating which has subsided and small twinges on my sides here and there.

If someone out there has had a similar experience and the pregnancy went along nicely could you please let me know?. I'm so so scared

I wouldn't worry at all. That's not a low level for 16 dpo, and the level means almost nothing unless you get a second level taken 48 hours apart in order to tell the doubling time.

With my daughter, my HCG at 14 dpo was 59 and at 16 dpo it was only around 176. The number doesn't matter as much as whether it's doubling within around 48 hours.

At 11dpo my hcg was only 18.... I'm now 15 dpo and my tests keep getting darker, my dr called me today with tr results of 18 on Friday and said congrats and made me an apt , didn't say anything alarming..... I think it just depends when implantation took place ?

That sounds fine for 16 DPO :)

https://www.betabase.info/chart/betaByDay/16/Single

Just wanted to give a quick update... I got bloodwork done 18 dpo and it was 472 which was great. My doctor wanted another done at 23 dpo and it came back at 1600 which gives me a doubling time of 68 hours at this point.
Pretty upsetting don't know what to think/what's going to happen I don't know if anyone out there can offer me some hope, I don't know if this is normal or what. I just don't know

It is still within the normal range, which is 31-72 hours under 1200 and 72-96 hours between 1200-6000. Are you going to have any more betas done?

That's true, I just feel like the first doubling time was well under 48 hours so that was great so I am worried because it obviously slowed (even though it is in that 1200-6000 doubling range like you said).
I am getting more bloodwork on Wednesday, I just already feel so defeated

My dr told me that as long as the levels rise 65% in 48 hours everything is fine. That number sounds fine to me.

My levels at 17dpo was only 185. By 21dpo it was 800. Doubling time was good but such low numbers. But baby is fine :)

Thanks:). To be honest I don't even want to do more beta testing it's so stressful but my GP insists on more whereas my OBGYN is totally fine with the way my numbers are so I'm just frustrated :s

Just wanted some more opinions and maybe some success stories on slow rising hcg levels.

I posted my hcg levels so far but I will post them again:
16dpo: 149
18dpo: 472
23dpo: 1600
26dpo: 2676

So my levels clearly aren't doubling..all my GP told me to do was get more bloodwork done on Tuesday. I spoke with my OBGYN and he is not concerned with these levels at all. He has been my OBGYN for my two previous pregnancies which were successful so I do trust him...
Could my levels be indicative of a possible ectopic?
Anyone have similar levels like this that ended in a successful pregnancy or an ectopic one for that matter??

I just want to be precautions as I know ectopics can cause damage but obviously I'm hoping for the best.

I also have no pain or cramping or bleeding and no symtoms of pregnancy really except being tired (which is normal for me, never had lots of symtoms with my previous pregnancies either)

My numbers also haven't doubled in 48 hours for this pregnancy:

15 DPO: 174
24 DPO: 2168

Doubling time about 59 hours. They wanted me to come back for another draw but it caused me so much grief that I decided not to go (they did say they were satisfied with those numbers though). Doesn't sound like you have an ectopic. I would trust your OB. And I wouldn't go back for another blood test. An ultrasound would be better at this point.

Thanks I think I'll take your advice and not do any more draws as it truly is so stressful. I have my first u/s booked for July 7th so we will see. I wish you the best of luck :)

Thank you hon. Hope to see a happy update come the 7th. Mine is on the 15th. FX for happy outcomes for the both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->