Low HCG levels at 4w4d

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So last weekend I had my hcg levels tested and they came back on the low end. I had two mc before I had my LO so I'm extra paranoid, and hoping for some reassurance or positive stories. I've never had hcg tested this early so don't really know what to think. I had a few faint bfps, that seemed to be getting fainter between Monday and Thursday last week - so much that I thought it was a chemical pregnancy. Saturday morning I took a test and it was as dark as the control line. I went for blood work that morning and it came back 256. I realize this is low, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had similiar around 18-19 dpo (or 4w4d approx).

I started progesterone the day after my bfp, so I'm wondering if that also helped strengthen things. I'm assuming/hoping that the dark test and hcg number is just starting off slowly..

Would appreciate any insight :hugs:

You may have just started late. Are you doing a second hcg test to check doubling rate?

Yes! SOrry I forgot to mention I'm goinG Back Wednesday or Thursday!

Hcg number vary greatly but it's whether it double in 48 hours is what you need to be looking for before 12000 xxx

I had low hcg numbers. Try not to focus on the amount, it's the doubling that counts. My numbers were:
13dpiui (which I'm counting as 13dpo because I triggered): 6.9
17dpo (4w2d): 104
20dpo (4w5d): 583
24dpo (5w2d): 2836
27dpo (5w5d): 6062

It might just be a late implanter. It's so hard, but try not to stress. You got a positive! Congrats on your pregnancy! Good luck and be sure to update us after the next beta!

Please don't stress my hcg levels were all over the place
15dpo-27 doctor thought I was only a week pregnant not 4 weeks
21 dpo-1141 which put me some what on track
30 dpo- 16545 and had an ultrasound which put me at 6 weeks which is exactly where I am supposed to be. Hcg levels vary so much you won't know anything till ultrasound so try not to get nervous I'm sure you will be fine.

Hello hun.

I dont have a massive amount of tracking my HCG but I did have 2 early blood draws. Ultimately its not about the number its about the time it takes to double.

Heres mine.
12 dpo: HCG 16
19 dpo: HCG 739

Heres a little chart for average HCG levels but they can vary massively.

"hCG levels in weeks from the last normal menstrual period:
3 weeks LMP 5 – 50 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
7-8 weeks LMP 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
9-12 weeks LMP 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml"

Hope this helps xx

I don't think that's a low number, it's a good start. Numbers can vary so much, what they're really looking for is if they're doubling. Wishing you the best!

Thank you, ladies. I went for another blood draw this morning - so we will see.

Thank you for the reassurance. I don't know what to think right now, I'm so nervous to go either way. I will be sure to update tomorrow when I get the next results. I know I should have waited a week but I couldn't.

I'm surprised they did a repeat today. Generally they have you wait 48 hours as that's the early beta doubling time.

In any event - Fx and be sure to let us know!

Oh, my first draw was last Saturday - so 4 days, and hopefully 2 doubling times.

I suggest using countdown's doubling calculator. Not only died it do the math for you but it gives a chart to show expected times for different levels.
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/beta_doubling_calculator.php

My 4w3d hcg was 397 so really not far off from yours. Far as I know baby is perfectly fine.

I never did update - It did end up being a chemical pregnancy. The second draw had a level of 94, so it had dropped a lot.

I got another bfp on Monday, so I'm hoping this one turns out better...

I never did update - It did end up being a chemical pregnancy. The second draw had a level of 94, so it had dropped a lot.

I got another bfp on Monday, so I'm hoping this one turns out better...

Hi sunshine:winkwink:

Hopping in to wish good luck with this pregnancy:hugs:
I had a loss in mid September and got bfp again now in January,
My first draw this time was a lot better then when I had my loss.
With only 5.91 this time and 651 a week later it had more than doubled according to the nurse:winkwink:
I have my first appointment next Thursday 23.
How are you feeling?

I'm feeling good, but really nervous! That was my 3rd mc out of 4 pregnancies. I'd never had a chemical either. I'm just so nervous because it's so early still. I'm going for blood next week. Wish me luck!

I'm so glad your hcg is good and you're 8 weeks! amazing!

Hey hun congrats on your BFP just wanted to add for the clinics at my job as long as its over 100 they consider it to be good. Like pps said its all about the doubling so don't let yourself get to worked up. I know its easier said then done but until proven otherwise everything is on the upside. H&H 9 months to you.

Thanks, Rockstar. I'll be sure to update again when I get the next results.

Ball of nerves. And it will be another week or so before I get the first results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->