Low Hcg numbers but more than doubling and period like bleeding.

Slush33

Mother of 2
Reaction score
I got my first bfp on 10dpo and took tests through 15dpo and all positives but not getting all that much darker so I went in for my first beta and it came back as 9.3. Low but positive. I went back Friday for another beta and I have started cramping and bleeding at this point and wondering if I really needed the second beta but went anyways. It came back at 23.1. More than doubled. Needless to say I am quite surprised that it more than doubled. My dr said that it could have been implantation bleeding and put me on vaginal progesterone 2x/day. Well it's Sunday and I am still bleeding like a period and took another test this morning and the line is super dark compared to any of my other ones. Which would j dictate that my numbers went up again. I'm just wondering about the bleeding. Has anyone had bleeding like a period and still went on to have a normal pregnancy? I'm just really hesitating to be excited. I had a miscarriage last November. Sorry for the long post but I'm just worried and I don't know what to think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 22
I got my first bfp on 10dpo and took tests through 15dpo and all positives but not getting all that much darker so I went in for my first beta and it came back as 9.3. Low but positive. I went back Friday for another beta and I have started cramping and bleeding at this point and wondering if I really needed the second beta but went anyways. It came back at 23.1. More than doubled. Needless to say I am quite surprised that it more than doubled. My dr said that it could have been implantation bleeding and put me on vaginal progesterone 2x/day. Well it's Sunday and I am still bleeding like a period and took another test this morning and the line is super dark compared to any of my other ones. Which would j dictate that my numbers went up again. I'm just wondering about the bleeding. Has anyone had bleeding like a period and still went on to have a normal pregnancy? I'm just really hesitating to be excited. I had a miscarriage last November. Sorry for the long post but I'm just worried and I don't know what to think.

My other tests

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
9 is very low for 15dpo. With the bleeding and low betas I would be concerned for either ectopic or failing pregnancy. I know the number doubled which can be a good sign. A lot of women bleed during first tri and things are fine. But I would be worried if I were you. I would test over next few days. Also get in for another beta and to let your dr know you are bleeding heavy.

That was my thoughts exactly. I am going to be testing tomorrow and Monday since my Drs office and lab are closed this Monday hopefully she can see me Tuesday. I just hate playing the waiting game. I just want to know one way or another. I try not to stress but that's easier said than done.

I know nothing about betas but I can tell you that my tests didn't show dark until maybe a week after period was due. They were super light and only got slightly darker each day x

I'm going through a similar situation (previously had ectopic and lost tube at 10 weeks) but my hcg was a bit higher than yours. I tested faint positive at 9 dpo and started spotting the same day. It actually turned bright red and I had to wear pads and I bled like a period (no clots though) for 5 days. I never soaked my pads (was changing every few hours though) and never had clots which was different from my ectopic before. My fist hcg at 12 dpo was 41 and progesterone was 6. One and a half days later it was 74 which is doubling but my progesterone had jumped to 14 which is not usually indicative of an ectopic...usually. Did they test your progesterone on either visit? My reproductive endocrinologist is a firm believer that progesterone levels are helpful in determining ectopics. All I can say about ectopic is there are no "normals" with them in my experience. My levels just doubled with my first one so we had to keep scanning every two days until we saw somethings when (or if) your hcg reaches 1,500 a scan (internal only at this point) should find a gestational sac in your uterus if this isn't ectopic. Unfortunately it's just a waiting game where you drive yourself mad symptom spotting and wondering if any pain is the egg in the wrong place :-(

Ask for progesterone levels if you remain pregnant and be vigilant about and sharp pains on either side of your uterus or any shoulder tip pain. My fingers are crossed for you (and me) and I do believe bleeding in itself doesn't mean a doomed pregnancy. My 19 month old was a pregnancy where I bled for 3 days albeit not as much as this time but with both this pregnancy and her I had no clotting, a thick uterine lining at my scan, and increasing hcg/progesterone levels. Good luck!

I am not sure how much this will help, but I wanted to tell the story anyway. When I was in high school I was friends with this girl in my fitness class. She had just turned 18 and was going to graduate soon. We were talking about our future plans and I found out she had a son. So curious me not knowing much of anything about babies or pregnancy asked A LOT of questions. Here is something interesting that I found out. She was on birth control (not sure which kind) and she still got her period every month. She went to the doctors because she was having severe cramps and did not know what it was. Well wouldn't you know she was 8 months pregnant. Yes I said it, 8 months pregnant and had a period or what she thought was a period around the same time every month. Not only that, she did not even know she was pregnant. I asked her how she did not know, and she said because of her body type she was not showing at all. Which is true, she was a very tall women.

I don't know the reasons why she had a period like bleed for 8 months of her pregnancy, but I felt it fit with what you are going through.

So I've decided on waiting to go in till Tuesday. The bleeding has slowed down but not stopped but I also have no pain and with me only being 4+6 I think it's too early to see anything anyways. But I've been continuing to test and my lines have gotten a whole lot darker from yesterday to today at 20dpo. Will call dr tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7
Yes they did test my progesterone with my first beta. I don't know the actual number but she said it was good.

That test looks fantastic! Fx all is okay. Is it possible you ovulated later than thought?

I'm 4 + 4 today and my test look like yours. I did get my third beta today and all looks good so try to stay positive! Like I said before my bleeding was like a period minus the clots and lasted 5 or so days so bleeding doesn't always mean the worst:thumbup:

Well I woke up this morning and it seems as if the bleeding has finally stopped. I went in for another beta today just waiting for the results. My hpt is still pretty dark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 12
Well I woke up this morning and it seems as if the bleeding has finally stopped. I went in for another beta today just waiting for the results. My hpt is still pretty dark.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->