Low hcg of 42 at 3 weeks :(

I really hope it works out for you hun and you get your rainbow baby :hugs:. I posted the message on your profile page because I have heard of other ladies not seeing anything at 6 weeks.

the doctor just called my beta is low :( 5500 he said its not good....last week it was 1360...so not even doubling. :(
He still want to do the sonogram on the 31st...

the doctor just called my beta is low :( 5500 he said its not good....last week it was 1360...so not even doubling. :(
He still want to do the sonogram on the 31st...

that actually seems fine! how far along are u

not good according to doctor it should be higher...I think im 6 weeks

Whether it's good or not depends entirely on when the first was taken last week. For example if it was taken Friday and then again Tuesday it's exactly where you'd want to see it. But if it was Friday and taken today then it's quite low. It's so hard to say and I truly hope that it goes well for you. Just been through this it and it's so stressful. I've seen good outcomes when you think there won't be so don't give up!

Perhaps you ovulated late and you are nearer to 5 weeks and if so these numbers are so bad

Whether it's good or not depends entirely on when the first was taken last week. For example if it was taken Friday and then again Tuesday it's exactly where you'd want to see it. But if it was Friday and taken today then it's quite low. It's so hard to say and I truly hope that it goes well for you. Just been through this it and it's so stressful. I've seen good outcomes when you think there won't be so don't give up!

May 4- 269
May 11- 1360
May 18- 5500

Its far from doubling :(

Perhaps you ovulated late and you are nearer to 5 weeks and if so these numbers are so bad

Ovulation period was around the 19th-22nd of April ...should be 6 weeks right?

Not always sometimes you can ovulate late which will put you back a couple weeks. It could very well be that you were 5 instead of 6 weeks. I know with my current pregnancy my LMP does not match up with how far along I am. If I go based on my estimated due date from the ultrasound my period would have been around January 11th but instead I actually had it around the 4th of January. How long your Cycles are can also play a factor.

Hcg can take up to 96 hours to double after 1,200 and no longer doubles every 48-72 hours. I can understand your worry and am not trying to get your hopes up but it's not over yet -so hopefully your next scan with show that baby. I had an empty sac with dd until 6 weeks 2 days and they though for sure it was another ectopic and scanned me every 48 hours and then all at once we saw it all including the heartbeat. My levels slowed way down after 1,200 and it was such a nice surprise to be wrong :)

Hcg can take up to 96 hours to double after 1,200 and no longer doubles every 48-72 hours. I can understand your worry and am not trying to get your hopes up but it's not over yet -so hopefully your next scan with show that baby. I had an empty sac with dd until 6 weeks 2 days and they though for sure it was another ectopic and scanned me every 48 hours and then all at once we saw it all including the heartbeat. My levels slowed way down after 1,200 and it was such a nice surprise to be wrong :)

Indeed what a nice surprise and such a happy ending...I didnt know hcg can take up to 96 hours to double I thought it was only 48 hours (thats what my doctor keeps telling me). Your story has such a beautiful ending :kiss:...fingers crossed here!

Ovulation period was around the 19th-22nd of April ...should be 6 weeks right?

Not always sometimes you can ovulate late which will put you back a couple weeks. It could very well be that you were 5 instead of 6 weeks. I know with my current pregnancy my LMP does not match up with how far along I am. If I go based on my estimated due date from the ultrasound my period would have been around January 11th but instead I actually had it around the 4th of January. How long your Cycles are can also play a factor.

Coming back from doctor and sonogram ...still empty sac...doctor wants to do a D&C and send the tissue to be analyzed to know whats the problem...right now so disappointed and sad!
I really hope it would work out after the good start with the HCG levels...
A D&C seem so scary...

My ending is not a happy one...D&C programmed soon... wish things were different!

Will I ever experience the joy of being a mom one day...:cry:

Don't want to be a drama queen but how can one overcome two losses...maybe its just happening to me now and I am being pessimistic. It's just hard to stay positive.
Never thought this could happen...I thought pregnancy was going to be that wonderful journey but I had more sad moments than happy ones...

Anyone with 2 losses...that got some happy ending?

PS: sorry should not be in that category anymore but just wanted to give an updated after the doctor's visit today and the sad news I got.

I'm so sorry. I was hoping you would get good news. I can't imagine the devastation of your losses and I hope your rainbow is waiting for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"