Low HCG

Flannz94

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I got my BFP yesterday - very obvious lines. I went to the dr yesterday and had an urgent blood test done and the results were only 14. I went back today and he didn't seem to really mind how low it was, since I can't remember when my last period was (definitely July sometime, don't know what date though) and I think I may have O'ed 2 weeks ago (if that) he just said it might just be early.
I have made another appt to go have more blood drawn today just to see if it is rising at all, then I have another appt on friday with my regular GP.
I just can't stop worrying, i've read so many stories about other girls who have low hcg then it ends in miscarriage!

As anyone else had this happen before and had a positive outcome?

TIA xxx

You may very well just be very early since you don't know when your lmp was. I got my beta done when I first got a very faint line on FRER and it was 14 also. Two days later it was 71, so it nearly quadrupled. 10 days later it was 7661 and I saw the heartbeat on an ultrasound last week and again this week, so don't let the number 14 scare you as a first draw!

Thank you so much! You don't know how much better that makes me feel! I'm not expecting a huge rise today but at least something would make me feel better

Xx

I'm glad I could help a smidge! I know it's nothing but worry in the beginning, I'm still nervous even after two great scans. The first number really is just a starting point to measure by, but we certainly can let ourselves get worked up.

The number doesn't really mean anything, its the progression you're looking for! HCG has to start somewhere so you probably just caught super early!

I done a clear blue digital this morning and it said pregnant 1-2 :happydance: the other day that I done one (the same day I got my bloods done) it said not pregnant so obviously my levels are rising!
I couldn't make it to my appt yesterday but I have one today to check my beta again!

Xxx

I'm 4 weeks My hcg is 55 and progesterone only 10. I'm already on progesterone 200mg vaginally. Going for an ultra sound in 2 weeks and repeate hcg in 2 days. But idk should I just let this go? I'm just so upset by it

Another update ladies,

I just got my HCG blood results back and it was 55! Which means it has tripled in 48 hours!! :happy dance: Feeling so much better now!

xx

Hi swimmyj1,

I think 55 is a good HCG for early pregnancy (like mine!) it's the rate it increases that matters. I thought 10 was a good level for 4 weeks? I'm not sure though, I don't know much about it. GL xo

Hooray Flann! So happy it turned out well for you!

I thought 10 was good too but they said low. Idk I talked to a nurse from my doctors office today. They are going to do a repeate hcg tomorrow but won't recheck the progesterone, and won't increase my dose. She said too many factors can make it low and we will see how the hcg does. Ugh guess I'm waiting for my ultrasound on the 3rd then. Lol and I really need to stay away from dr Google who is freaking me out.
So glad your hcg doubled! Are they going to keep checking them at all?

Swimmy, different doctors have different opinions about progesterone. 10 usually is considered low and doctors who believe in supplementing progesterone would usually have you start doing so. They really want to see a 15 or higher for the most part. When I was doing my fertility tests, I had a 13 at 7dpo and I was told it was borderline, but could support a pregnancy. He then wrote a standing order for me to get my progesterone tested as soon as I were to get a BFP, which tells me he was concerned about the level. The day I tested positive for this pregnancy, my progesterone was a 15.3 and then a 22 two days later, so there was no need to supplement in this scenario, but I would be concerned with a 10. Can you get a second opinion?

I called a few obgyns in my area but no one will see me until im 12 weeks so it would be pointless. I have heard mixed things about the vaginal progesterone that it doesn't show up in your blood as well. So i guess it is out of my hands and I will see if my hcg is doubling and how my ultrasound goes in 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->