Low heart rate and loss of pregnancy symptoms!

LauraPi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've debated long and hard about posting this. I've always read the forum and found comfort in similar stories. But I think I'm going a bit crazy (which may or may not be normal lol)

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. When I thought I was 7 weeks and 2 days, I had an ultrasound that told me I was only 5 weeks and 5 days. Now I know what days we were active and my last period was dec 25. I also had a positive test on Jan 24 (using a dollar store test).

If that wasn't enough to worry about. When I had my appointment with my OB, he imformed me the heart rate was low at 78 BPM.

On top of all of this, my pregnancy symptoms have faded. I'm not as picky with food or sick, my vivid dreams have went away and my boobs are only a little sore. I'm still tired and keep having headaches however. I've had no bleeding but on and off cramping/pain/twinges.

My OB said I have a 20% chance of miscarriage. It seems a bit low given all this info.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar outlook and how it turned out.

My ultrasound is tomorrow and I keep going back and forth from feeling like it's okay, to feeling like it's gone.

Laura I'm so sorry you're in this limbo. It's awful! I went to an ultrasound at 6w3d last pregnancy. The baby measured 6w and heart rate was 150. Then I went back at 7w and the baby measured 6w 2d and heart rate was 78. I did lose the baby. I'm so sorry.
However your situation does have some hope I feel. Your baby measured 5w5d so heartbeat of 78 is maybe ok at that stage. Praying you get news tomorrow ❤

Yes hun unfortuantely i did go through the same situation, it took forever for the baby to show on a scan, they actually brought me in for a d&c at around 8 wks because they thought it was a blighted ovum but scanned be beforehand and found baby with hb, they didnt tell me what the numbers were just told me to come back a week later, i did and baby had grown but i was still way behind for my dates which i was sure of as i was temping. They discharged me from epu, then at around 13 weeks i woke up with pains in my back and went to hospital were they discovered baby had died a couple of weeks beforehand. I hope its different for you and you get your happy ending x

Thank you two for the replies. I really hope everything is okay but I'm preparing myself for the worst. Which is hard.

My scan is tomorrow at 2:30. Seems so far away. I'll update when I know.

I really do hope that everything going is okay!!

I too have had it happen to me 2 times. Both resulted in mmc around 10-11 weeks. I was absolutely sure of my dates though so that does play into it. If you aren't 100% sure there is still hope. I hope the best for you hun!!

I'm 100% sure my last period and of when we had sex and that's it. I used an app to track ovulation so it not sure if that could be off? But surely not by 11 days.

do you normally have a 28 day cycle?

Oh man.. today must be tortuously slow for you! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have a ton of insight on the dating or heartbeat, but I will say that pregnancy symptoms come and go (at least mine did!) so try not to base your pregnancy status on that. I'd have days where I felt 100% normal followed by a day where I was exhausted and bloated. Even at 13 weeks my boobs still don't hurt, although they have gotten bigger.

Sorry, rambling. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and I hope you get good news tomorrow! Keep us posted!

My cycle is usually 30-31 days. Sometimes less. But pretty regular.

This afternoon I feel some upset stomach setting in and I'm not able to eat much but I'm sure stress can do that to me too.

Also I forgot to mention it's been at least a week or more where I haven't felt very pregnant. On top of this, I have had cramps and backaches. Not bad cramps, but cramps that feel like my period could come soon.

Awk that's awful to hear. Very best of luck for tomorrow

So sorry you're in this situation!!! Try to remember, though, just like your mind can play tricks on you and you think you DO have symptoms when you're trying to get pregnant, even though you're not, your mind can also play tricks on you, feeling unpregnant when you're so worried you lost it. W my ds, I had twins in there originally and one passed away, and EVERY ultrasound after that I would be freaking out, feeling like I wasnt pregnant anymore, etc. I had myself feeling so doomed. And it was always fine. Best of luck for tomorrow. Hugs!!

I don't have any insight, but good luck for today x

wishing you well for today x

Good luck today , hoping for good news!! Xx

Good luck, fingers and toes crossed. I'm hoping for a positive outcome for you and like the the OB has said you still have 80% chance of success.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->