Low implantation of gestational sac - 5w 4d

tryforbaby2

Proud & Blessed Momma!
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been having cramping in my ovaries and lower back pain for a few days now. My betas were 48 hours apart each visit ( 17/19/21 DPO --540, 1738, 4618) I am on progesterone suppositories and had an ultrasound yesterday due to pain to rule out ectopic or large cysts. Although they found no cysts or ectopic pregnancy they did say this pregnancy implanted in the lower part of the uterus above the cervix. It's a little away from it but is cause for concern for miscarriage. He gave me a 50/50 chance and has me in next week for another scan.
I had three mcs since 2008 -early mc, missed mc and blighted ovum. I have a dd 12, twins from RE/treatments dd/ds 5.

I've read a ton of bad outcomes on this and a few good ones where the embryo moves up.

Anyone experience this?

I actually experienced the super rare cervical ectopic pregnancy. I remember the docs telling me that if the baby was just a bit higher, it could have been a viable pregnancy. The baby had implanted in my cervix so a bit higher would have been the lower uterus . I'm hoping this means that things will work out for you !

I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:

I'm trying to remain hopeful but the cramping and back pain makes it hard to stay positive!

Congratulations! Team yellow?!!! Waiting to find out is amazing!

Could be a good sign that baby Is getting nice and comfy ! I had cramping with this pregnancy , but not the cervical (obv because nothing was in my uterus). Good luck ! Yes team yellow has been fun - being induced tomorrow so should find out very soon !

It's always scary when doctors give us info like that. But keep in mind that it's educated guesses.

But like the previous poster said, it could be very promising. :) I hope the best for you!

Congratulations and Enjoy!!!!

How very exciting!

This was the sonographer who told me this and the doctor didn't need to see me....I am scheduled next Monday for a repeat ultrasound. I had this same sonographer for 8 years and he is pretty accurate with me.

I've had cramping on my sides and pain in my lower back alllll day. My fingers are still crossed though!

cramping, pains in side and pain in back are all normal for early pregnancy. The cramping is just baby snuggling in and pain in side is the corpus luteum which supports pregnancy until the placenta takes over, i presume women with placenta previa's babies must of implanted low so i wouldnt overly worry if i was you x

This was the sonographer who told me this and the doctor didn't need to see me....I am scheduled next Monday for a repeat ultrasound. I had this same sonographer for 8 years and he is pretty accurate with me.

I've had cramping on my sides and pain in my lower back alllll day. My fingers are still crossed though!

Oh my bad for assuming it was a doctor. I was going off my experience. Sorry!!! Either way, I really hope that everything is all well!!

Surprisingly the sonographer didn't see any cysts on my ovaries. I'm hoping for the best! I'm sad, nervous, hopeful and on the edge of collapsing if this doesn't work out. It's emotionally draining!
Monday morning can't come soon enough.

Surprisingly the sonographer didn't see any cysts on my ovaries. I'm hoping for the best! I'm sad, nervous, hopeful and on the edge of collapsing if this doesn't work out. It's emotionally draining!
Monday morning can't come soon enough.

I definitely understand that. I've had 3 losses and the waiting time is beyond hard. The wondering sucks. :(

I went in for another scan of viability on Monday morning. I asked my dh not to come so any potential bad news wouldn't make it even harder for me. I told him if everything is miraculously ok, then I expect him at the next ones.

To my surprise, the gestational sac moved up to the top of my uterus where it should be. There was a heartbeat of 126bpm and measuring exactly to my dates. Knock on wood - nothing looks out of order at the moment. I do still have cramping like a period quite often with occasional back pain. Food adversions and nausea are in full swing since week 4.

I go for another scan next Friday, the 17th. I'm very nervous but praying and hoping every day.

I tried to upload a scan picture but it says it's too large.

Glad to hear that. I go for my second viability scan tomorrow, very nervous myself.

Oh that's so wonderful!!! I'm so glad for you!!

I went in for another scan of viability on Monday morning. I asked my dh not to come so any potential bad news wouldn't make it even harder for me. I told him if everything is miraculously ok, then I expect him at the next ones.

To my surprise, the gestational sac moved up to the top of my uterus where it should be. There was a heartbeat of 126bpm and measuring exactly to my dates. Knock on wood - nothing looks out of order at the moment. I do still have cramping like a period quite often with occasional back pain. Food adversions and nausea are in full swing since week 4.

I go for another scan next Friday, the 17th. I'm very nervous but praying and hoping every day.

I tried to upload a scan picture but it says it's too large.

Hi there, hope all turned out okay? I have just had an early scan today at 5+2, told I'm pregnant with twins but they are both very low just above my cervix and I'm almost certainly going to miscarry. There's not much online but I've just found your post from earlier this year. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->