low lying placenta help needed !!

babyoneill

mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack
Reaction score
went for my gender scan yesterday and they told me I had a really low placenta... never had that before and I really am worried about misscarrage and not be9ng able to deliver naturally..

has anyone ever had this and delivered naturally what is the usual thing to happen

thanks in advance

My friend had placenta previa where the placenta covered her cervix. She had lots of bleeding (starting at 12 weeks) and was put on bed rest for quite awhile. She did end up delivering early and her little guy was in NICU for awhile. But he is a happy and healthy boy now. As your pregnancy progresses your placenta should move up. If you notice bleeding go to the doc. You might end up on bed rest. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but it can all work out in the end!

to be honest it wasn't a medical scan it was just private so I think when I have my anomaly scan on Wednesday I will know more I just hope it's not coveting my cervix and I haven't had any bleeding touch wood so far x

If you've had no bleeding so far then that's a good thing. As pregrancy progresses the placenta moves up the wall higher and higher. I would expect they would have told you if it was placenta previa, but you don't have long to wait for your next scan! I think if it's just low lying placenta, and it's not across the cervix then you should be fine!

I had a low lying placenta with my last pregnancy. For most of the pregnancy it was completely covering the cervix. It was found early on as I was having issues with bleeding, many people with low lying placentas have bleeding issues throughout their pregnancies and it's advisable that you try and stay off your feet as much as possible. At this point in your pregnancy it is still very likely that as your uterus expands the placenta will migrate up, away from your cervix. You'll be followed with scans, especially in 3rd tri. Mine was stubborn and stayed pretty low until after the 35th week mark. In the end it did move well enough out of the way that I was able to deliver vaginally.
Best of luck to you! As it was a private scan I would definitely mention it to your provider so that they can advise you on when they'd like to see you in the future and any precautions you may want to take.

Hey mama! I was diagnosed with placenta previa at 20 weeks with my second boy. I was worried about needing a csection as it was a very real possibility if the placenta didn't move up and away from my cervix. Most cases they do and I was one of those cases. By 30 weeks I was green lighted for a natural delivery and all went amazingly!!

thank you ladies for your replies that's made me feel so much better I will have a better understanding tomorrow after my hospital scan hopefully it will move I also have to have my bloods done every week due to previous icp pregnancies so it's another thing to the worry list in this pregnancy... xx

I hope your scan goes well tomorrow and hopefully you will have some answers soon <3

No wonder you're a ball of nerves :hugs:
I hope your scan gives you a lot more answers and that the rest of your pregnancy will go smoothly.

baby is growing fine and my placenta is not low so that's a relief at least all that worry for nothing xx

20181003_133237.jpg

Beautiful photo! So annoying they got you all worried for nothing!

argghhh who is lying to me... back to square one again been back to my private scan and they told me my placenta is definately covering my cervix and she is worried hospital won't scan me again she gave me a pic to shoe my midwife

FB_IMG_1538753411767.jpg

Honestly I would trust the private scan love. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I would put in a complaint because had you not had the private scan you would like your placenta isn't low and this is not okay. Contact your midwife soon and let her know. Sending love x

Yes put in a complaint at the hospital and have your midwife send you for a repeat scan to confirm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->