Low movement today..

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Called the midwife and she is having me drink more ice water and lay on my left side for the next hour..so far still nothing, really not wanting to go in to get monitored tonight, I always feel like I'm crying wolf! but also not willing to risk anything with LO. Has anybody else had this issue and been fine?

Hi your not crying wolf your taking care of your sweet baby!! I have been experiencing this also seems like my baby sleeps a lot. Another thing you may want to try to help baby move is to rub/push down on the webbing space between your thumb and index finger.. Also having your ankles on outer side rubbed seems to get my little one to move. I sure hope everything is okay!

Thank you! I have gotten some movements now but slower than usual for sure.. not sure if I should still call back or not..it usually takes 15 min to get 10 movements, last night it took 38 seconds! Tonight I'm at 45 min with 5 movements so far, none of which have been very strong like usual.

My little guy sometimes has "slow days" after he's been particularly active for a day or two in a row. I think he tuckers himself out. Still, if you are worried, it never hurts to call in about it!

Ohh good to know! I'm sure he's fine in there, but it just feels out of character so natural worry of course :/ I've put a call back in to her but she said there's a woman in labor so it may take time for her to respond again

I went to the hospital for monitoring the other night for reduced movements. This baby is normally extremely active, and then for two days it was very still. I tried drinking cold juice and laying on my side but that didn't work, so I went in for monitoring. Of course the baby perks right up as soon as they hook me up to the monitor and everything looked perfectly fine. They said it's always better to go in and get checked if you are worried - better safe than sorry. If you are worried, go in and get checked.

Get checked out! Changes to regular patterns should be monitored just in case. I'm sure everything is fine but it's best to be sure x

I got checked out the other night, I went three times last pregnancy! This was my first and hopefully last, of course baby kicked a merry storm up, but I would have stressed and worried if I hadn't gone and they were lovely. Except I had an internal to check I wasn't in labor (had backache and cramps too) that wasn't particularly fun!

I did end up going in last night, very glad I did and also very glad that baby started doing rolls and kicking like wild when they put the monitor on me hehh, they said they were glad I went in regardless of course. They checked amniotic fluid which was perfect, he's flipped head down now which I had suspected due to the rib kicks I've been getting more recently. Glad I went in and even more glad it was a false alarm!

Glad everything's fine. You did the right thing by being checked out x

Glad everything was A-OK.

Good for you for getting checked out. :thumbup: I nearly did last week after Baby had an unusually quiet morning but then I had some Chinese food for lunch and he went nuts and kicked me about 33 times in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->