Low papp a--- talk me down, please.

Nuthatch

Reaction score
So, i am high risk and get all sorts of extra scans and tests. I had the first part of the sequential screening last week and while the genetic tests came back very low risk, the doctor called me today to tell me my papp a was low. He is having me start on aspirin therapy (2 low dose aspirin everyday until 34 weeks) and they are going to monitor me even closer than they already are. BUT, i am freaking out. This baby is my miracle... i have had so many losses (2 second trimester) and i just cant do it again. I have seen a lot of horror stories about stillbirth, low birth weight, complications, etc. So, if anyone has any experiences (good or bad) with a low papp a level, it would be greatly appreciated. I dont actually see the doctor for another 10 days which sucks.

Low papp-a w my baby boy. Hes 4 months old now! No growth issues, but he did have a two vessel cord instead of 3, which could have caused the low papp-a

I also had a very low papp-a and my baby was fine - he is now 2! I didn't have any issues with IUGR but I did have vasa previa and I wonder if that issue with my placenta was what caused the low papp-a but we will never know for sure.

I researched lots when I had it and I discovered that its a fairly new test and whilst there are links to IUGR its still fairly new research and there are lots and lots of positive stories out there.

I had a low Papp a with my now healthy 5 year old son

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->