Low placenta

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Shorty, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Shorty

Shorty Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Please can you put my mind at rest. I had a 17 week scan yesterday. Baby is fine and doing really well but I have been told that I have a low placenta. I have had one previous birth a year ago and that was c-section due to baby not engaging....:dohh:

The scanner said not to worry as this is quite common at this stage and there is every chance that it will move as my bump grows.

Has any one else been told this and what was the out come if you had the same?

Thanks in advance

2. callmepoppy

callmepoppy Guest

My younger sister got told this at 20 weeks after an emergency scan cause she was in an accident.

she was fine and i now have a very cheeky 2 yr old neice! lol

3. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Its very common at this stage, and think about how much your uterus is going to expand - now imagine how that will move the placenta up and round and away from the cervix - nothing to worry about at this stage at all honey. They'll keep an eye on it for you and if it stays where it is they'll consider a c-section. Certainly wouldnt worry about it yet though.

xxx

4. tiggercats

tiggercats Guest

I was told exactly the same at 16 weeks. It will more than likely move up as the baby grows. Obviously I don't know the outcome yet, but I'm not going to worry about it. A friend was told the same thing and her placenta was normal by 28 weeks.

5. Shorty

Shorty Well-Known Member

Ah thanks for that.

Why do we worry so much???? I just want a natural birth so much for this one as it may be my last baby. I want to feel the pain ha ha.

I will try not to worry..........