Low progesterone after first cycle of Clomid - Anyone experienced this?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Trishg21, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Trishg21

Trishg21 Zoë's mom

Hey all-

Just curious if anyone has any experience with this. Last month was my first cycle on Clomid 50mg and on my day 23 blood work my progesterone was only .21! It makes me so nervous that clomid is not going to work for me since my levels were so low. I'm moving on to 100 mg this cycle and could really use some insight. Has anyone gotten better progesterone levels on higher dosages of clomid?

Thanks in advance!

2. TeddyBearPug

TeddyBearPug Well-Known Member

sorry i cant answer your question but i didn't want to read and run. i'm sure you have a much better chance of ovulation with the higher dosage. my doctor started me out with 100mg right off and i ovulated the first 2 times. I'm on my third month now, just waiting to ovulate! I hope it works for you!

3. StephHastings

StephHastings TTC Baby #2 With PCOS

Hi I am on my 3rd round of clomid at 150mg, I ovulated but very poorly the first round was 1.2 and 2nd was 5.8 and I am hoping to be at least over 10 I am also on metformin 1500mg