Low progesterone levels :(

calilove77

Reaction score
Tuesday morning I work up to spotting. DH and I had sex the night before it wasn't very much at all but I still went in Wednesday for blood work. I just got my results and found out that my hcg is great- high even but my progesterone is only a 10.75 so they have started me on progesterone suppositories. Any advice or happy results stories would be so greatly appreciated!!! I'm stressing out!

My progesterone levels were crappy too. 48 hour bloodwork showed fine hcg, but prog went from 11.8 to 8.7. I went on supplements, and now I'm 13 weeks, with everything going great. I stopped prog already, as the placenta produces enough by now. :hugs:

Thank you!! I feel a little better now.... Just nerve wracking!!!

My middle and youngest daughter are progesterone supplement babies :) I had a prescription on hand this time so as soon as I got a definite bfp on a hpt (9dpo) I went out to have it filled. My first bloods was at 12dpo and it was barely over 10 even with the supplements. At 18dpo my progesterone doubled :) My body just doesn't make enough progesterone. It's amazing how a little pill can save an unborn baby.

Thanks amas! I just asked what my hcg was and is 10853 which is great for 5.2 weeks. Praying the suppositories help! :) so glad it helped your little ones!! :)

This pregnancy I was on progesterone suppositories. I had some on hand that I had filled the month before when I had a chemical pregnancy so I started taking them the morning after my bfp and all has been well so far!

Thanks amas! I just asked what my hcg was and is 10853 which is great for 5.2 weeks. Praying the suppositories help! :) so glad it helped your little ones!! :)

Your hcg is a lot higher than mine. Mine was only 957 at 18dpo

Your hcg is a lot higher than mine. Mine was only 957 at 18dpo

I just read it could be a twin pregnancy or a molar pregnancy, or a singleton pregnancy with that high of number this early. I was pregnant with twins with my daughter but we lost one in the first tri.... Maybe I had low progesterone then as we'll and just didn't have enough for 2 babies...??? Time will tell! :) I go back in for blood work on the 9th.... So far away!! I would be doing blood work every day if they would let me ;)

With my current pregnancy, my progesterone (while supplementing 400mg per day) was at 9.4 at about 6 weeks and 16.4 at 10 weeks. I take it from bfp to 14 weeks as I have a history of miscarriage and my only successful pregnancies have been if I've supplemented progesterone in the first tri and taken a daily baby aspirin.

Mine was only 7 ng/ml at 4 weeks, but I wasn't offered any progesterone supplements. I even went to 3 walk in clinics to try to get them, but not one would prescribe them. So I started taking vitex and B6 complex to get my body to produce more on its own, and my levels raised naturally!

Women with as low aw 5 ng/ml progesterone have gone on to have healthy babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->