Low progesterone mean ectopic??? Help please!

klc4990

Reaction score
I went to the dr. On 1/18/17 for hcg and progesterone blood levels then again today (1/20/17) to make sure they're doubling correctly. Well they told me my hcg is 3,6?? (Sorry can't remember exactly number right now but they said it was out standing for 5 weeks 1 day which is what I was when the test was taken) but my progesterone was 5.76 and they want it over 10. They said they will put in order in for suppositories but not to start taking them just yet because they want to see if the level rises or not first but the dr. Is concerned it may be ectopic... anyone go through something similar where hcg levels were great but progesterone wasn't?

Just to clarify the hcg number is 3 thousand 6 hundred and something.. not 36

I had low progesterone last month and mc. However my hcg levels were only at 8. She said if my hcg levels wouldn't double but were still rising then it could be ectopic. As long as your hcg is good you can take progesterone supplements and still be ok. I had to with my son. She is probably just trying to double check that your progesterone will rise on its own. Good luck! I know it's scary.

My first pregnancy, my hcg at just over 5 weeks was over 36,000, but my progesterone was only 7. My OB said that such a discrepancy that early on can mean a non viable pregnancy, which mine was. It wasn't ectopic though. My next pregnancy, my hcg rose appropriately for 4 blood draws to several thousand, but again progesterone was low (5. something) I took supplements but my hcg stopped doubling and started falling and I m/c. The 3rd pregnancy was similar except my hcg didn't rise that high. None of the 3 pregnancies were ectopic. I took supplements in the latter 2 pregnancies.

My 4th and successful pregnancy my progesterone was higher to begin with, even though I still took supplements. My 1st reading was 25. I think in my case the low progesterone may have been becasue something was wrong with the pregnancy from the get go. I've seen other posts with low progesterone where things work out, but that just wasn't my experience. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks yall!

They don't think it's ectopic because my levels went from 3600 to over 6000 and progesterone went from 5.76 to 6.23
Still not rising right but we will see. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thursday so we will see how it looks then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->