Low progesterone prior to pregnancy

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
I was tested two months ago and my doctor said my progesterone was a little low.

We just conceived this month. I am concerned those prior Low number of progesterone is going to cause an issue.

Does the body increase the progesterone when conceiving. Should I be worried.

First appt is Friday.

I would think you would be tested every few days or at least every week if you have low levels, and that you would be on supplements. I had very low levels and so have been on supplements since ovulation and then my levels still weren't where my dr wanted them to be so I'm on progesterone oil shots now as well. My levels are above 50 and my dr says anything below 20 is too low. (At least for where he wants to see me)

Thanks.

First appointment is Friday at 5pm. Today makes 4 weeks preg I hope it's not to late.

Hope the levels are ok

I think you should be ok. I only say that because if your doctor thought your progesterone was too low they *probably would've put you on progesterone while you were ttc. My progesterone was low, so I was put on progesterone suppositories from ovulation day to test day. If test if positive then I keep taking it.
I would definitely talk to your doctor again though to maybe get tested a 2nd time just to be sure.

Most doctors like to see a minimum level of 10 ng/ml during the first few weeks of pregnancy. If a woman has low progesterone levels this can be an indication of a threatened miscarriage. But, I assume that your doctor knows your history already and since he has not put you on any supplements so far, you’re out of danger.

However, you may need progesterone shots (if it doesn’t rise on its own) as your pregnancy forwards, to meet increasing needs of body. You need it to maintain your uterus until your baby is born. If your progesterone levels are too low, your uterus may not be able to carry the baby to term. If the progesterone is lower than they wanted (anything less than 15) at either your checks, they immediately started supplements.

well the docotor we are going to tomorrow is not the doctor we are using for the baby. So this doctor does not know the history.

When we called to make an appt they said 8 weeks, but then i mention i had previous low progesterone. And they scheduled me for tomorrow. So hopefully they do some blood and make sure everything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->