low progesterone,whats my options??

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
Hey so i have had my blood test for day 21 and it shows low progesterone. What medication would benefit me? i have read that Clomid has some horrible side effects and didnt know if anyone else had tried another medication. Also is there any other treatment? I am in the UK and have my first appointment with a consultant next week and want to be prepared.

Thanks for taking the time to read :) xxx

If it is low on day 21 usually means you didn't ovulate. My doctor had me to start tracking my temp to make sure I could confirm ovulation even when on medication so then they know if they need to up it or not. Plus the day 21 test needs to be done 7 days after ovulation, not everyone ovulates on the same predictive day so sometimes it isn't exactly on day 21. I've been on clomid, it did have bad side effects for me, but many friends had none. I saw the best results when I was being monitored from clomid. There is also another ovulation medicine called femera. It has less side effects but doesn't normally make you produce more then one follicle. Clomid will you get more follicles. Again this is just from my experiences! Good luck!

Waitingongod is correct. Low progesterone means you did not ovulate and 21 day test needs to be done 7 days after ovulation. You can start charting to give you more idea. Femera and Clomid helps you ovulate. Even after taking those you have low progesterone then you can try progesterone cream which you can find in Amazon which should be used after ovulation not before. If that doesn't work then you will need progesterone supplements from your doctor.

I agree with the PP's, if your levels were under 10, it means no ovulation. You should def try charting your BBT. It'll teach you more then u could ever imagine about your cycle. And if you are not ovulating, clomid is definitely one of the most common options to help. Another common one is metiformin, as well as femera. I know quite a few ladies who conceived while on clomid and the side effects aren't always so bad for everyone. Everyone reacts differently to different medications so its always worth giving it a shot ;) I wish you the best of luck!

Oh, there's also some herbal remedies that can help balance your hormones and help your body ovulate. I also know many women who this worked for as well. Vitex is the name and you can purchase it off of amazon or eBay and its not expensive. I always ovulated but I did have cystic breasts from an imbalance in hormones, which can affect ovulation as well, and within 15 days of me taking the vitex, I no longer suffered from cystic breasts. My local herbalist said that it cant do any harm. She said it may take a couple of months but all & all, it evens out your estrogen and progesterone levels to make for a better O and more persistent cycle length. Sorry for rambling! I hope some of this info helped. Again, if your doc recommends clomid, it's worth trying. All meds have some sort of potential crappy side affects...It all depends on the person. Good luck!!!

Appointment is tomorrow, so Nervous!!!!! Hoping we can start the process this month as AF is due the 26th June. Don't want to get my hopes up as I know it's not gonna be a quick process xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->