• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Low progesterone :(

Steffilyn

Reaction score
My husband and I have been ttc for 6 years now. I have PCOS and endometriosis. We have a seven year old little boy that is my pride and joy. A little over 5 years ago I had a blighted ovum and had a d&C right before Christmas. I was totally shocked when I took a pregnancy test on Thursday and it was positive! My joy was short lived because when I did my blood work my hcg level was 3600 but my progesterone was only a 6.6. They started me on oral progesterone but now I as so worried I will have a miscarriage. Has anyone else had this situation and had a happy ending?

Wow, are you me? I have pcos and had a blighted ovum in December. I started a sugar free diet, started taking inositol and a few other supplements, lost two stone and was rewarded with a surprise bfp yesterday. I went straight to docs to ask for blood tests to check progesterone and he had no clue, told me it was all 'theory'. I bet he's never lost a baby! Got my appointment Thursday, just hoping it's okay. I've been stuffing my face with seeds and carried on with the inositol so hopefully my vain attempts at raising my progesterone have helped. No help for you im afraid but at least you aren't alone xx

I never had my progesterone levels checked, so I don't know if they were low, but they give you progesterone supplements as a precautionary measure after IVF treatment, so I have taken Crinone on 2 occasions. The progesterone won't stop you having a mc if it's an genetic issue (I miscarried my first baby, despite being on Crinone) but it definitely helps if it's purely a low progesterone issue. I took it until I was 12 weeks with this pregnancy and I'm now 31 weeks- I don't know whether the progesterone made a difference for me personally but it your situation, it would definitely be a good idea to take it.

I was put on progesterone at 4 weeks. I'm now 8 weeks and baby is doing very well. My doctor said I must take the progesterone until 13 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"