Low Sex Drive PLUS lack of privacy and bed...

nicem815

Reaction score
Good morning ladies!
Well, I would never be able to tell any of my friends in real life about this...none of them are pregnant or in my situation so it's awkward.

My husband and I are staying with my family until we settle on a house (which we hopefully get approved for soon!) and even when everyone IS gone, we don't have a real bed right now. We have an air mattress that has a slow leak in it. It sinks every night after blow it up. This is only a temporary situation as my husband now has a good job (but he is commuting over an hour until we get our new place :cry:) and one of our first priorities with his first check is to get a bed.

However, in the meantime...I just have no desire to have sex on an already deflating air mattress when my back hurts from it all the time. I also have no desire to do it when my family can hear me and the positions I USED to be able to do just aren't comfortable anymore....even on the bed, there is so much pressure that I can't go for long periods of time. I get so tired all of the time if I'm lying down...it's so awful. I realize we can do it in places other than the bed but standing against the wall, on the floor, on a chair...all of those choices sound painful to me right now.

We are newlyweds and I know he wants to make love every day and I get so mad at myself for not being able to fulfill that. What is wrong with me?! Why am I not a sex-crazed maniac like other women when pregnant? It makes me feel so awful, guys. It really does. I cried last night because I feel like I'm a failure as a newlywed. :cry: We are very affectionate and loving all the time, but this one aspect is lacking right now because of ME :(

By the way, I am only 10 weeks pregnant so I'm hoping this changes....we are also in a big transition period...things are "getting there" in terms of our home, insurance, etc but are taking time to be smooth....so I know that's weighing on my mind, too. This also makes me mad at myself....why can't I just be spontaneous and not care?

Any input or support would be greatly appreciated :hugs:

I don't have a lot of great advice other than just....be kind to yourself. Pregnancy is quite a transition, especially if it's your first time. Add to that the fact that you're not in an ideal environment (I wouldn't want to do it on a deflating air mattress in earshot of my famiy either!) to go at it like rabbits, and I don't blame you. It won't be like this forever :)

I was exactly the same when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was 5 1/2 months when we got married so didnt even have sex on our wedding night. We started having nice showers together, massages, I would pleasure him (haha sorry) and get a back rub from him instead. Toward the end of the pregnancy we got a new bed which broke after two days with me on it. At 37 weeks I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor which was so uncomfortable -I feel your pain! It took til my due date for the company to sort it out. The rants about it are on here!

Try to find other ways of being intimate, baths, kissing, romantic dinners. Im sure your hubby understands and appreciate your efforts xxx

Thanks Mrsgoodhart :)

I wish I could just feel okay with everything but it's all so difficult right now with these emotions. It is my first baby and we have had just had so much happen to us lately. We have had negative feedback from both of our families for getting married privately, so I have also been stressed for the past month...my husband has to commute to work until we move, we are waiting for his first check, waiting for my insurance to kick in...just tons of "stuff" we haven't been able to do yet and then on top of that, I feel like I am not speaking his love language. I know he has been stressed too and I know men like having sex to feel better. I just feel helpless at times....

I often worry about depression while pregnant because sometimes things feel so gloomy for me and I have a hard time consoling myself.

Thanks Teri7489!
Wow! I am so sorry that happened!! How crazy! It sounds like you had a good plan, though...and good alternatives to having sex. 37 weeks on a mattress on the floor! I am sure you are like we are though...you realize that after you go through those things, you can get through anything together!!

As soon as we get settled into a place, I can apply for a new job so I will have some extra money to buy supplies to make him dinner and do sweet things. I sent him a sweet card this morning with his lunch I packed him so hopefully that helps him to know I am trying...

Very true, its hellish but comforting knowing you have each other. Shows how close you are. Im sure he will love the little things you do. Often guys feel a little left out as they dont experience the fatigue, morning sickness, sore bits and bobs.We often clam up and almost push them away. Just dealing with the situation together, talking, spending time together and appreciation of each other I believe is enough. Its tough at the minute but it wont be forever xxx

Thank you, that made me feel so much better....

I am working on being more "there". I often get distracted and I play on my phone too often (again, stress makes me do it...not good, but it's a distraction for me) and I want to focus on being more devoted to him and what we are doing. I think this will help...

Youre not doing anything wrong, its damn hard work growing a human! Just a little effort every so often from both of you works wonders. Maybe a little bit of extra naughty fun just for him (you know what I mean lol) if you can would be good too. Chin up, you are doing great xxx

Thank you. I think I will make the extra effort to do something like that for him today. Even if I'm a little uncomfortable, making him happy will make ME happy <3

Just make sure you get a bubble bath or massage in return! Lol xxx

haha yeah! I'll tell him! He gets something good if I get a massage lol!! That's all I want right now hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->