low sperm count question. ....

Baby.Love12

Reaction score
Long story short. My fiance is having a hard time getting his semen analysis done. It has to be at the lab by 9 am and within an hour. Needless to say hes not a morning person so is there a supplement or anything he can take/do that wont do any harm if indeed he doesn't have a low speed count?

If he does have a sperm count issue, maca, zinc, vitamin c, and vitamin E have been shown as being beneficial for male fertility. These facts are from a 2012 study I found online , but please research these or talk to your doc...

Zinc (50-60mg) increases sperm count. Vitamin C (1000 mg) improves count, structure, and motility of sperm. Vitamin E (300-1000mg) enhances sperm binding to the egg and decreases sperm dna damage. So it wouldn't hurt to have hubby take a multivitamin with all the above! Maca is also known for increasing sperm production and libido.

Will it hurt if he doesn't have a sperm count issue?

Will it hurt if he doesn't have a sperm count issue?

No it shouldn't! My husband does not have any sperm count/quality issues, yet I have him taking a multivitamin with the above vitamins. Just like us ladies should be on pre-natals before conceiving, our guys also need those extra nutrients. Good luck!

My husband's urologist suggested L-Carnitine. His counts are lower and his motility is lower, but not unthinkable. It also shouldn't hurt to take that if his counts are fine either.

My husband's urologist suggested L-Carnitine. His counts are lower and his motility is lower, but not unthinkable. It also shouldn't hurt to take that if his counts are fine either.

Do youball suggest a certain multivitamin with all of the above?

If you're really curious about his count and he can't make it to the clinic by 9 they sell over the counter tests. They're not cheap ($40) and kind of pointless because if it comes back negative (meaning, lower than average count) then you're just going to have to pay for a SA on top of the test.. but it could give you some peace of mind. We considered it but ended up doing the full SA instead because it gives you a lot more info other than just count.

Just another option!

If you're really curious about his count and he can't make it to the clinic by 9 they sell over the counter tests. They're not cheap ($40) and kind of pointless because if it comes back negative (meaning, lower than average count) then you're just going to have to pay for a SA on top of the test.. but it could give you some peace of mind. We considered it but ended up doing the full SA instead because it gives you a lot more info other than just count.

Just another option!

I have thought about doing that but even if he has a normal count it wont tell me anything about motility. The lab sperm analysis is only $13 out of pocket.

I just bought a mens muti vitamin hopefully he takes them

Do youball suggest a certain multivitamin with all of the above?

You need one that almost looks like a prenatal vitamin, high folic acid, higher iron (not quite as high as yours), vitamin D3, the Bcomplex...

I have found that most of the "Men's" vitamins have these, you really have to look for the ones with folic acid though.

Our SA was free with our insurance at the clinic our GP recommended. The blood tests that the urologist did cost 130$ out of pocket because they use an out of network lab, but the SA was nothing.

That's awesome! My doc is trying to get all my hormone checks to be covered by my insurance, but the SA was 100% out of pocket. I think the IUI will be as well, but at least the bloods will be covered.

Hi baby love,

My hubby went for sperm tests last week, we haven't got the results back yet but just in case there is a problem we are going to try less :sex: this month. It is going to be hard but we are only going to bd on cd7, cd12 and cd14 to let the :spermy: build up.

A bit risky but worth a try.

Sending you lots of :dust:

Hi c beary. He is taking the mens multivitamin that I got him. Maybe we should try the less bd thing as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->