Low sperm motility anyone else in same boat??!!

Dle22

Reaction score
Hi all, DP had first lot of sperm results back last week, apparently has come up as 'acceptable' on doctors system but when dr went through he said motility could definitely be improved so advised loose boxers, no hot baths etc. Luckily this seemed to scare DP and he's taken on the advice.

Results were -
count 63 million per ml
volume 3 ml
morphology 30%
motility 20%

has anyone else had experience of this? Is this too low to conceive? The dr advised DP that this was fine for natural conception but could be better. I have PCOS but with acupuncture have got my cycles down to 29/30 days and can pin point ovulation.

thanks x

My hubby's SA was 30-35% or so for motility. He also had above average count but 0.5% morphology. My RE classified his motility (which was the only parameter she had any concern over) as "low-normal"and said that she would have expected him to be able to have gotten me pregnant with those numbers.

My dh has 3 children with his ex wife and 1 child with me 2 years ago, so I'm inclined to believe that his sperm is fine since nothing has changed with him since we last conceived.

My DH has extremely low levels (just above sterility levels :( ). The first semen analysis had 2.5 million and his motility and everything were fine--or "normal," I guess. Only, the volume was a bit low. That was in February.

He did another one about a week ago and the results are terrible. He's given up caffeine and we'd started exercising more often again since his first test. The results this time were 1.5 million, the motility wasn't good, and only half were swimming at all. The doctor basically told us IVF is our only option--providing all testing with me continues to come back clear by the time we go see an RE (we'd only gone to his urologist for testing).

I'm incredibly jealous you're results were at 63 million, lol.

Try maca for sperm production and motility. It works wonders. If i am not prego this cycle, we have to do IUI. My hubby is prepping for it by taking maca.

My hubby had motility 20% which dropped down to 10%. He cut out caffeine, exercised and doc put him on L carnitine 1000 mg and vitamin c 1000mg.

Told us sperm takes 3 months to regenerate.

3 months later, we got pregnant naturally..after trying for over a year and a half.

He was taking other stuff for morphology as well since our morphology was 1% but luckily, you don't have a morphology problem.

My hubby had motility 20% which dropped down to 10%. He cut out caffeine, exercised and doc put him on L carnitine 1000 mg and vitamin c 1000mg.

Told us sperm takes 3 months to regenerate.

3 months later, we got pregnant naturally..after trying for over a year and a half.

He was taking other stuff for morphology as well since our morphology was 1% but luckily, you don't have a morphology problem.

Hi,

What did your husband take for morphology? I'm presuming that on my partners test 1% normal forms is morphology...do you think that's the case? Thanks & congrats x

Yes! My hubby went from 36% motility to 75%!!!!! It was about a year later. Don't get upset over just one test because I heard a couple of things.

1) Men's sperm is better in the spring (I have no idea if this is true)
2) He can have a bad batch once in a while since it's usually made 90 days in advance.

A few things my hubby did which helped was to take vitamins, infertilaid, no tight clothes, I bought him a cooling pack for his chair at work, limit caffeine and a lot of water!

babydust, amusing results! congratulations! can you please share what your Dh was taking for morphology? we have 3% and I think the minimum is 5%.

My Dh had only "occasional motility" in Feb but then he completely gave up beer for 3 months and his motility went up well over the minimum levels. morphology and count is still rather low. he also takes the following:

Wellman Conception
Vitamin B complex
1,000 Maca
1,000 Ginseng
200 COQ10
60 Pycnogenol
1,000 Flaxseed oils
1,000 Fish oils
1,000 L-Arginine
1,000 Carnitine
700 Horny Goat weed
500 tribilus