Low thyroid a symptom

Ksill16

Reaction score
I'm a week late with my period and I have taken 3 tests in that time all bfn. my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since the start of January and I have had cycles every 32 days except for the end of April I had a period 19 days after my last one. I went to the OBGYN when this happened because it was a much heavier period than the past ones I had and I was worried it might be a miscarriage. They did an exam and then wanted to take blood tests one being my thyroid levels. It wasn't a miscarriage (not pregnant either) and my thyroid levels were normal. Fast forward to three weeks ago I started having bad anxiety and panic attacks and crying constantly for the past three weeks. I've had a hard time eating as my throat felt like it was closing all the time resulting in my attacks. I went to the doctor a couple times with the problem they told me it was muscle spasms and that I was fine and gave me something to calm me down. Last Friday I finally couldn't take it anymore and went back to the doctor she wanted to do some blood tests one being my thyroid (in the past year and a half I've had my thyroid checked about 6 times all being fine). Tuesday I had a follow up and she said my thyroid levels were slightly low and in a month she wanted to check again and this is why I was having all these problems. The past couple weeks I've had cramps on and off I'm def not as hungry headaches heartburn/acid reflux and really tired which I know can be the thyroid too. My question is if anyone has discovered they were pregnant because there thyroid levels were off? especially since 4 weeks ago mine were fine.

I posted this to "ttc #1" but realized i might get more answers here

I'm a week late with my period and I have taken 3 tests in that time all bfn. my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since the start of January and I have had cycles every 32 days except for the end of April I had a period 19 days after my last one. I went to the OBGYN when this happened because it was a much heavier period than the past ones I had and I was worried it might be a miscarriage. They did an exam and then wanted to take blood tests one being my thyroid levels. It wasn't a miscarriage (not pregnant either) and my thyroid levels were normal. Fast forward to three weeks ago I started having bad anxiety and panic attacks and crying constantly for the past three weeks. I've had a hard time eating as my throat felt like it was closing all the time resulting in my attacks. I went to the doctor a couple times with the problem they told me it was muscle spasms and that I was fine and gave me something to calm me down. Last Friday I finally couldn't take it anymore and went back to the doctor she wanted to do some blood tests one being my thyroid (in the past year and a half I've had my thyroid checked about 6 times all being fine). Tuesday I had a follow up and she said my thyroid levels were slightly low and in a month she wanted to check again and this is why I was having all these problems. The past couple weeks I've had cramps on and off I'm def not as hungry headaches heartburn/acid reflux and really tired which I know can be the thyroid too. My question is if anyone has discovered they were pregnant because there thyroid levels were off? especially since 4 weeks ago mine were fine.

I posted this to "ttc #1" but realized i might get more answers here

At my second prenatal appt with my last pregnancy, my blood work came back, all was fine but thryroid was a little low. My Dr. said that can could very well be because I was pregnant. I was 6-8 weeks at the time. My fingers are crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->