Low thyroid ...Anyone else?

Tiger22

Reaction score
I have never had any issues with my thyroid. In fact I had it checked last august and it was normal. Well, during prenatal labs my TSH came back at 0.34 so today at my apt I told the doctor I was concerned it was a little low (normal range is 0.3-5.0) and they rechecked it today. I just saw my results my TSH is 0.24 (low) and my T4 is 1.2 which is within the normal range of 0.6-1.6. I haven't spoke with my doctor yet and will call tomorrow but I am worried after reading things online like a low thyroid can cause miscarriage/probs with the baby's brain development....has anyone went through this before? Any advice? Thanks...

I have the opposite problem, my TSH is always very high, mine was 9.02 at the end of October so they upped my medication dosage, have more blood work next week.

I have opposite also. My Tsh was 4.7 on last blood check. I was told it's higher than they want to see. Either high or low abnormal tsh can cause preg issue. I'm getting tsh and free t4 checked and possibly some meds until it goes down. The medication they prescribe for thyroid should be safe during preg but always triple check with your doc. They might make you go to an endocrinologist to be safe as well. I believe you just take the meds, eat some thyroid good food and once it gets back to the normal level, you can stop the med. It's what I'm planning to do. Don't want to be on thyroid medicine forever. I'm sure I can get it from eating better proper food.

After talking to my doctor, she informed me that my levels are actually considered "normal" in pregnancy and since my T4 was normal it is not a problem. She said I can get it rechecked later on for peace of mind. Wishing you ladies well on your pregnancy!

It's confusing bc low tsh means high thyroid function and vice versa. My dr keeps me under 1 with meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"