Low urine output?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by candyfloss, Apr 5, 2009.

1. candyfloss

candyfloss Well-Known Member

I'm just over 20 weeks pregnant, and at the start of the pregnancy til about 14 weeks I was weeing ALOT! Would have a big drink, then wee about 4 times in the next hour! Now though, I'm drinking lots (as had a urine infection a few weeks ago so making sure I flush my system all the time) I don't seem to be weeing very much at all.

For example, yesterday, I had cereal with milk, a glass of orange juice, another drink of water, saw a friend and had a pint and 2 tumblers of water with her, then 2 more pints at home in the evening, and wee'd about 4 times, but not very much - sort of only went to the bathroom because I thought I should need to pee!

When I do go, it doesn't hurt, and I'm sure I haven't got another infection as have no symptoms of having one but will test at work tomorrow to check (work in a hospital).

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this, or is it simply that I was so extreme with how much I was weeing before that this seems too extreme the other way?! Seeing the consultant on Thursday for the first time so might bring it up with him and see what he says.......

Sorry for waffling on!!! xxxx

2. jenny_wren

jenny_wren Queen Spammatha

may be a stone!

towards the end of my pregnancy
    i had to do a 24 hour wee test
    because the hospital was worried
    as i passed about 3/4 of a litre
    in 24 hours you're sposed to pass
    about 4 or 5 litres!!

can be dangerous to lo as well ...

i kept getting told off because my
    wee was so concentrated and
    they didn't believe i was drinking loads!
    but i really was!!

so this could well be what you
    have ... may be worth asking about
    especially if you have no signs of
    an infection!

mine passed within a few weeks
    but hopefully you find out
    what it is

:hugs:
    xx​

3. candyfloss

candyfloss Well-Known Member

EEKK!!! Thank you! Will definately ask about this then!

xxxx