Low Vitamin D levels, how long did it take to start feeling better?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lily2614, Feb 6, 2012.

1. lily2614

lily2614 Well-Known Member

I am still have having horrible MS but also have been feeling REALLY tired. I'm 15 weeks now and my doctor said I should not be feeling as tired as I am. My muscles are weak and I feel so drained of energy 24/7 and it doesn't matter how much sleep I get. She checked my thyroid and my vitamin D levels and my vitamin D levels were low. I'm on 4,000 IU's daily for 8 weeks than 2,000 IU's daily after that.

I never knew that vitamin D had to do with you being tired or weak but she said it does.

If anyone had this happen how long did it take to get your energy back up. So far I have been taking it for a week and I'm not feeling any different.

2. Pinkie88

Pinkie88 Well-Known Member

What kind of vitamin d are you taking, d2 or d3? Brand?

3. lily2614

I'm taking D3 and I got them at Sam's Club!

4. busybee98

busybee98 Well-Known Member

Hi there. I had low D levels before I was pregnant and felt very tired and weak, and I took 2000 IU and I think it got better after a week or 2 although I dont remember for sure. I would say if it doesn't improve soon, call back your doctor and tell them because D3 should be absorbed quickly. Hope it helps and feel better!

5. Pinkie88

Pinkie88 Well-Known Member

Hmm, have you seen Vitamin Code D3?

6. lily2614

I have never heard of it. What is it?

7. busybee98

busybee98 Well-Known Member

Hi sorry guess I should just clarify. There are 2 types of Vitamin D- D2 and D3, D3 is absorbed faster into your system, thus they mostly sell that kind. I think you said you take Vitamin D3, so I was just suggesting that it should work rather quickly. I take Vitamin D3 and when my levels were low, I felt better in about a week or 2, but Im in the US so I wonder if things are a little different than in UK. Sorry I was a bit unclear, but I hope you feel better soon.

8. lily2614

Thanks. I live in the US. Its just not making me feel better yet. Hoping it does soon.