Lower back pain @ 10 weeks???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by AmyLouise89, Jan 28, 2011.

1. AmyLouise89

AmyLouise89 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing horrible lower back pain??? I'm cramping in front some but I think that's because of constipation but my lower back is KILLING ME. I'm 10 weeks 2 days. I've had it for weeks now but it's getting worse. I don't remember having lower back pain last time. & I don't have a UTI. on top of the lower back pain, my left buttcheek/hip/thigh hurts from my sciatic nerve pain & didn't help when I ran into baby gate...but I'm mainly worried about the back pain.

2. Cloe

Cloe Well-Known Member

Maybe you should wait a few more days. As long as there is no spotting or bleeding everything should be alright. You could use a warm water bottle to relieve the pain (but wrap it in a towel so the heat is not too strong). I think it might just be all the stretching, adjusting and growing that might cause the back pain.

Feel better soon! :flower:

Cloe :shipw:

3. scots_mum

scots_mum Expecting no2

My back has been hurting since my af was due and im only 5 weeks, apparently its normal in early pregnancy

4. slj0316

slj0316 Well-Known Member

I have that same type of pain in my lower back above my left buttock that radiates to the top of my thighs at times and hurts more when I lay flat on my back. For example, at night if I rollover and lay on my back and fall asleep I have a difficult time getting up in the morning. I can walk the pain off BUT sometimes even when I walk the pain shoots from my back down just to the top of my thigh. I am just 10 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. I have no bleeding/spotting just some mild cramping in my lower abdomen which I relate to major constipation (sorry if TMI) But everyone states this is ALL normal long as it doesn't get to severe to the point I can't tolerate it which is has not. I keep thinking I am MC, but people tell me to calm down. Which I know they are right. I just can't believe all the aches and pains so early on. Also I do not suffer from back or sciatic pain prior to pregnancy. Both of my scans at 8 and 9 weeks showed a heartbeat and the OBGYN didn't have any concerns. It worries me more sometimes b/c my prego symptoms are subsiding. I think we are all just worry warts lol I go for my first official scan this week and can't wait I think after every scan I get more relief!!!!:hugs: