Lower back pain which gets worse with activity?

stickylizard

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I don't know if this is maybe because I have had 3 children in 3 years already, but the lower back/period type pain is worrying me. I had it with my third and it was so much so that I didn't test til I was already 2 days late because I was convinced I was due AF! But I don't remember if it got worse with activity or not, can any mums of more than one give any input? I have been on my feet all day and my back is hurting a lot now. I am resting in the sofa now. I just worry because we had a loss in May so naturally I'm very nervous. I am 5+2. Thanks in advance xx

I'm having the same issue with back pain. I googled it and found this:

Hormone changes. During pregnancy, your body makes a hormone called relaxin that allows ligaments in the pelvic area to relax and the joints to become looser in preparation for the birth process. The same hormone can cause ligaments that support the spine to loosen, leading to instability and pain.

Muscle separation. As the uterus expands, two parallel sheets of muscles (the rectal abdominis muscles), which run from the rib cage to the pubic bone, may separate along the center seam. This separation may worsen back pain.

Hope your pain eases soon! I only feel mine when I'm walking or doing activity, it's always in the same spot on the lower left side of my back. Boo!

That's exactly where my pain is! How odd. Thank you so much for your reply xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->