LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Titi

Stepmom/Trying to Adopt
Reaction score
Hi ladies-Welcome!

This thread was created as a support thread for anyone TTC for over a year that is not planning to go an assisted route (either for financial, availability, religious, personal beliefs, etc.). We in no way oppose assisted in our thread-it is just not an option for us at this time for one reason or another.

The reasoning was that it gets extra lonely for us women who don't have IVF/IUI/ISSI as an option because we truly start to lose hope that we may never experience the miracle of our own little bean.
This has made it hard for us to feel like we "fit in" as we don't have the optimism of the TTCers but also still feel a little out of place in LTTTC as we can relate to the struggle of getting pregnant but find that the next step for most those women is assisted.

If this sounds like you, please stop in and introduce yourself. Because of the sensitive nature of this thread, we please ask a few kind things as follows:

1. BFP announcements are limited members of this thread only and limited to this page.
This is so that anyone experiencing a particularly hard day can feel safe in coming on here without being blasted with a BFP announcement if they do not wish to see one.

2. We wish every single member a healthy happy BFP but kindly ask that all pregnancy related discussions/posts be kept to the member's journal or in the pregnancy section. It can be very hard for LTTTCers to have to scroll through pages of pregnancy related symptoms, chats, etc. to get to the current topic posts.

3. Please let the moderator know if anything is hurtful or offensive so that it may be remedied.
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:
LTTTCers:

Titi (Moderator):
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
05/2008: Pre-TTC Blood Tests=Normal
10/2009: TV Ultrasound=Normal
12/2009: CD 21 Blood Tests=Normal
11/2009: SA: MF (Motility)
DH and I are 34 & 36 and have been TTC#1. Because of our religious beliefs we are still trying naturally and do not have any plans for assisted reproduction. Currently taking or have tried Prenatals, Maca, pink grapefruit juice, Preseed/Pre, Preconceive +, zestica, soy isoflavones, wild yam, SMEP, ovacue fertility monitor, opks, baking soda finger, charting CM & temps at OV, softcups. DH taking Fertilaid for men and Himalaya Spemen (DH also quit smoking 01/10).
:angel: Whitbit22: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
TTC #1 2.6+ Years
I am 22 and DH is 30. We're trying Softcups this cycle, and I have been taking prenatal vitamins for about 4 months now. We both eat healthy and exercise regularly. All of our tests have come back normal so far. I plan on taking EPO next cycle to remedy my lack of EWCM.
Jaimie2Eyes:
TTC #1, Cycle 12
Age 34
SA 4/2010 low motility
Retrying SA 6/2010
Fertility cocktail:
DH - Fertile Aid for Men (just got it and my baby dust today!), Flaxseed Oil, Shaklee Multi Vitamin
Me - EPO, Grapfruits, Shaklee Multi plus Iron (contains folic acid)
Lyns:
:bfp: RebaRezzelba: :bfp:
32 yrs old (DH 35yrs old)
TTC #1 since Jan 2008
DH tested - sperm above normal range
Me - bloods all fine
Treatment - acupuncture (kidney Yang deficiency & cold Uterus), Clomid
Diagnosis - unexplained
Yomo:
Lyndsey age 27 Oh 28 cycle 50.
Carebear
TTC for almost 3 years. I've had 6 cycles of clomid with HCG jabs from which I've had two chemical pregnancies. Almost ready to give up. Thinking of fostering.
Isi Buttercup
elsie2010
NGRidley
TTC#1 since July 2009
05/2010: diagnosed with PCOS
Battling PCOS by losing weight, following the Low GI diet.
Currently taking pre-natals and Researching other vitamins beneficial to those with PCOS
Waiting for DH to get SA
Lilaala
All my bloods are normal, my BMI is ideal, my Thyroid is fine, no PCOS, hubby SA is normal, BBT and OPK have confirmed ovulation which was backed up by a blood test one cycle. Pelvic ultrasound normal, HSG normal.
MrS. MaBrEy

So glad you started this! Lately Ive been getting more bothered by ladies posting that they are depressed and crap. They say things like, I know Its only been 4 cycles but I feel like itll never happen! It disgusts me and I hate to say it but I dont even read the Im depressed threads anymore. Im not! And we have been ttc going on three years! I have my days, and things do bother me. But Im not an attention craver.. And I dont want people to feel sorry for me!

Basically, we will never be able to afford assisted conception. So I know what you're going through. All we can do is just keep the faith!! Anyway, I hope you'll accept me on your new team. Its getting old for me seeing the same junk on ttc that I cant really relate to

:dust:

So, the problem is I dont feel much like I fit in anywhere here. Most the LTTTC threads are focusing lots on assisted or the plans to. And although I share in their grief and discouragment at not conceiving naturally yet, I feel additionally hopeless because I am under additional pressure to conceive naturally at my age and w/o A.R.T as an option.

But I just cant bare regular ttc threads anymore. I have made some great friends in there but it is heartbreaking to have to read through 15 posts discussing pregnancy symptoms in a ttc thread to get back on topic, or read complaints about women with 3 children who are besides themselves with dispair because they just got a bfn on their 2nd cycle. Or advice from someone who got their 1st bfp on their 2nd or 3rd cycle saying that what really did the trick was they "finally learned to relax!" (I could go on and on).

I don't want to be the kind of person who is easily upset by these things-but that is why I need a team of women in a similar boat-because only you can understand why I feel this way.

Please join!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Love and dust to all!!!!!!!! Our new team! : )

Yes-it's not just our religion-the cost is also crazy too!!!! And only about a 40% success rate I think each $$$. I think over in England they have different health care and its not out of pocket like it is here.

I'm so sorry to hear how long you are trying, as at 17 cycles I must sound like the four monthers to you! My age though, sucks. We wanted a big family-

I don't want to say that I'm not sympathetic to the girls in the TTC threads. I remember even at 3 or 4 cycles when I thought for sure I must be pg how sad it was to test negative. I'm just a little irked by the insensitivity of continuously posting your pregnancy symptoms and/or relationship problems stemming from it on a ttc thread. What we wouldn't give for pg symptoms or a little trouble stemming from it?
or posting that "so & so is up next" because gosh they sure deserve it after one whole month of trying! ha! I have been on here a while and have plenty of lovely pregnant buddies now that are respectful enough to move these topics to other threads. They haven't "lost" all their friends-we totally keep up with them in their journals when we want!
:hugs:
phew, sorry for the rants-would like this to be a positive thread-but it does help to get it out there I guess-the joys of LTTTC!!!!
Thanks for joining!!! : )

Oh hun :hugs: I agree with every word and couldn't have put it better! And nonsense about you seeming like a four-monther! 17 cycles is soo long! Even though it's in normal range, and technically I kinda still am in normal range. It's crappy! I just get sick of seeing the same nonsense, ya know? ugh

Woot! I totally hear ya Titi ~ I'm not on the SMEP thread but I know a gal who is and she left for the same exact reason. That also happened to her on a softcups thread. No need to apologize for the rant imho - I feel the same way and it will give gals looking into this team an idea about what works for you in terms of support - and what doesn't!

Just this morning I was thinking about starting a team for working with male fertility issues : ) but this will do quite nicely!

Whitbit - I'm sure I must seem like a young whipper snapper to ttc too - I admire your positive attitude and strength. I hope that if a long wait is what life has in store for me I'll be able to stay as strong and positive as you are.

yay girls! am happy! Jaime I love your baby dust siggy!

Now we need a better name for our team!

Um, long and strong? :rofl: That is a horrible double entendre but very entertaining! How about good things come to those who lttc?

Jaimie- That is really sweet to say! I have my days but all in all I have been plowing through this thing. I try to always get my way. LOL

I like the Long and Strong. It's hilarious and true!! We LTTTC'ers HAVE to have a sense of humor or it'd all be over for us! :haha:

ha ha long and strong! Pretty good!

Well I have super long days ahead of me the rest of the week but will try to pop in a little. Next week should be back to normal.

We'll help each other get through this!!!!!

Here is a link to a thread a friend of mine started - for any long and strongers interested in vitamins that may improve male fertility: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...ormation-increasing-sperm-count-mobility.html

Well Im not going anywhere anytime soon! Thanks for the link I will check it out. Not sure if Dh would take anything besides his multi tho! Lol

havent got a pos opk yet. Yesterday's looked almost darker so Im gonna POAS again later :D

I've had a hell of a time getting DH to take stuff........but finally he does, although I practically have to give it to him every dose. We used to be only "allowed" to try one new thing EACH cycle, for some reason. He'd say, "well, if the EPO and Maca for you don't work this cycle, I'll start next cycle" so on and so forth.

Whitbit - I hear what you are saying about getting our DH's to try new stuff. It can be tricky! They are understandably sensitive about this issue.

Its funny Titi - because that was a game I used to play on myself "try one new trick every cycle". But now I'm just trying everything and anything short of medical assistance!

Although I understand it takes 3 months for the semen stock to completely regenerate - so that means 3 months of some expensive vitamins!

It is nice how we are all expecting to ov in the next week or so!

I'm having a hard time getting Dh to shell out any cash for it. :nope:
LOL
Anyway, yay for O'ing I cant wait lol. Luckily I got tons of sticks now. Made a joke in one of the ladies' journals that I have 10 hpts with them, one for every dpo. :haha:

yeah my dh doesn't like to spend money on TTC either. He used to get annoyed when I would test. He thought it was a waste of money since I was never late. I don't test anymore now anyways.
Jaime-I think you two are close to ov. I'm actually 9 dpo. No symptoms, as usual-but I don't ss anymore either (as much as can be avoided anyways).

Looks like we are all almost married about the same time too!

Yes-the sperm "rejuvinating" thing is another reason dh wanted to not go back to docs any time soon. He figures it would take some time for pills to do their trick. Plus he quit smoking also the same time he started supplements. We are about 3 months now of no smoking & supplements, but he hasn't taken them quite like he should. For example I just found out that he has only been taking 2 of the 3 fertilaid doses because they say to take 1 with every meal and he only eats lunch and dinner :dohh: and also he just told me two days ago that he was taking his last spemen and they take about 3 weeks to get in from India. :grr:

Thats really neat I never noticed we'd all been married so close to the same time.

That sucks he isnt taking them properly-sounds like your typical man though lol! Dh hasnt smoked for over a year, I on the other hand havent smoked since February 5th. Its been the hardest thing I ever had to do! And I really hope it was a big part of the reason it wasnt happening. I had to decide which I wanted more, a family or a liesure habit that will end up killing me!! Fxd we are doing all the right things ladies!

I quit smoking in 2002 so I know how hard it is! It does get much better tho-I don't even think of it ever anymore. I have given up so much that I've actually started reintroducing some things back in as it hasn't helped. I stopped drinking all caffiene for a few months and also stopped drinking alcohol in the 2ww but figured both small habits probably not effecting anything or sad for me to give up if I can't even get pg anyway!

Yea I know what you mean. I miss alcohol and would like to have it once a month.. But Dh treats me like I'm evil if I mention it! He is all about depriving yuorself he is an all or nothing kind of guy. We are eating healthy but if I decided I wanted a blizzard from DQ he'd rag on me. LOL
I'm hoping it pays off, or I don't know if I can take it any more!

well I might be in the same boat as you in a few more cycles-I switch it up alot. Like it was said-I try a ton of stuff but have just about tried it all now and when it doesn't work I get discouraged and "fall off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->