Ltttc first baby

Zekeyboo11

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd start this tread I haven't been on her for about 6months just thought I'd like to fill you in about my story and see if there is any body out there that is also going through the same thing I would like to know. Ok I've been trying to get pregnant now 27months in total I have had loads of the tests done including having my tubes check loads of blood tests to make sure I'm ovulating and that the eggs I'm producing are ok every month all theses tests come back normal even my partners sperm test x2 have come back fine so the question is what is stopping us from getting pregnant.. Wish I knew I don't drink or smoke I am overweight but I try and eat healthy and exercise most days have two dogs. So if anybody could shed any light on why you think it's not happening for us I would be bloody grateful. Cheers guys Hayley xx

Well if you have had all the necessary testing done and they find nothing wrong with your tests then you fall into the "unexplained infertility" category. If the doctors have no idea, then no one on here is going to know.

I'm sure you already know this, but as long as you're having sex around your fertile window each month then you're trying the best you can.

I am in the same boat although we have low morphology which I think could be an issue.

Have you had a lap and dye? I have not and i was told that can not really class me as unexplained until I have had that... not looking forward to that one :-(

Well, I can tell you the things that I've had so far and what the docs have told me in case it sheds some light on something you haven't thought of yet. I've been ttc for 23 months. I started seeing an RE after 6 months because infertility in my family is unheard of. They ran all the blood tests on me and a HSG to check tubes and SA and some limited blood test for my husband. HSG came back fine, but RE said one tube might be kinked down a little with an adhesion but it was open and was probably fine. So he told me to try for 6 more months. I came back at 12 months ttc and we decided to do a LAP and dye; which wasn't so bad: I was more messed up from the anesthesia and the pain in my shoulder from the gas they inflate you with (don't worry Sophe its really not that bad, and worth it to find out if anything is wrong). They found mild endometriosis (they cleaned that) and released the one tube. I was then told to come back in another 3-6 months if still not prego to start IUI, but he never really explained why he thought that IUI would work. I was ovulating every month so it made no sense to me, I felt like a flow chart and I never went back to that RE. (Also, we always used an LH test to make sure we were timing things correctly)

Then at 22 months ttc I finally got in to see my new RE after a 2 month wait. This RE suspected that the reason I wasn't getting prego was that I have PCOS. This came as a huge shock and I never considered it because I'm very thin, I don't have excess hair, I ovulate every month...I had no symptoms of PCOS. As it turns out I don't have PCOS (my testosterone levels are fine) but through ultrasound viewing I do actually have polycystic ovaries (I had the string of pearls along the outside of each ovary). The RE told me that due to the PCO I was most likely not producing good quality eggs. So now I'm on my first clomid cycle. I have to take clomid from day 3-7, then on day 16 or so they do a post coidal test to see if the clomid dried me up or not (luckily this month it didn't so I got to save $500-$1000, yay), if it does then I have to do an IUI; then trigger shot, then 4 days after trigger shot I have to take vaginal progesterone until the preg test. Right now I'm in the 2ww, so I'm feeling rather anxious. I have to go on Thursday to the RE for the test.

Hey. We are in our 40th month. Hubby checked out perfect. All my hormone levels checked out normal but I don't ovulate or have periods. I have done six rounds of Clomid on four different doses and ovulated on two of them. I am waiting for injections and advised to continue with the Clomid until I get them. As I am monitored on Clomid with scans and what not I will know again if I am ovulating. If this is the case I will be getting my tubes checked before the injections. If the injections don't work for us then IVF.

Good luck. X

Good luck guys its nice to have people you can talk and relate too!! Lots of baby dust to you all!! X

I also currently unexplained. DH's SA came back WONDERFUL with the exception of his pH which was a little high. nothing too bad.

I am still getting some tests done to make sure I still qualify as unexplained. Pending my doc getting back to me I will be starting Clomid next cycle. ( I know I am out already this month :cry:

But onto hoping Clomid works for us

Hope you get the answers you are looking for!
:dust::dust::dust:

Hi there
If you are unexplained then chances are that that NaProTechnology can give you an explanation. They receive many many patients with this label and help them get diagnosed and treated for the infertility.
Here is a short introduction movie if you are interested in learning more about NaPro:
www.fertilitycare.eu
NaProTechnology has been around for as long as IVF but they have better succes rates, are cheaper and less invasive
I wish you all the best,
Amber (ttc almost 5 years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back