LTWTT for baby 2

SoupDragon

Mum of 1, LTWTT #2
Reaction score
So I'm sat here with my 8 month old baby girl asleep in my lap...I WTT for aaaaages for her...3 years and a few months after we got married.

The pregnancy was lovely, if emotionally a bit scary and physically taxing towards the end. The labour was horrendous and ended in an emcs as she couldn't come out due to her size and position. Then an undiagnosed tongue-tie meant she couldn't latch to breastfeed so I've ended up doing a combination of expressed breastmilk and formula.

My DD is so worth it though. She's lively and cheeky and clever and determined, and I love motherhood a million times more than I expected to, even if it is at times the hardest, scariest, most exhausting thing I've ever done.

I am definitely getting broody again...for a long while after having DD I didn't think I'd be able to go through it all again, but I think I can now, and I want DD to have a sibling. I really miss being pregnant, and I want a do-over of the labour and breastfeeding, in a way. Hopefully a different story this time - a vbac and having the baby checked*properly* for tongue-tie at birth. Regardless of my feelings of wanting to 'try again' at those bits of it, I know we'd regret it if we didn't have another baby...if I think ahead to our life 10 years in the future, there's another child in our family.

But...we have to WTT for ages again. I have to work full time for financial reasons, and we can't afford two full-time childcare places. So we will have to wait until DD is at or near to starting school, or at the absolute earliest, when she starts to receive her 3-year-old childcare funding (assuming the govt doesn't take that away, of course). That means TTC in 2017, or more likely 2018-19. That seems SO far away :( I'm going to be 34 soon, so my next pregnancy will be what the medics term a 'geriatric pregnancy'. Awesome ;)

Anyone else waiting this long? Wanna wait together? :flower:

Hi :wave:
Just wanted to pop in and cheer you on. I'm sorry you have to wait so long to try again as it seems your heart would love another little one sooner. I'm game for waiting with you :thumbup: I'm a little older than you so I'll hit that 35 year mark sooner. I dislike the term geriatric.
We are officially NTNP, but I'm happy to stick around and pass the time. :)

Hi :wave: I'd love to wait with you. I'm a bit younger and would be waiting for #3 though. I will hopefully be finishing my nursing degree at the end of 2016 so it would probably be early to mid 2017 before we started ttc our third and final child. I'm getting so extremely broody now but I know my husbands right and realistically to afford a third child I need to finish up my degree. I hate when logic outweighs everything else :haha: I miss being pregnant and like you want another go at breastfeeding!!

Do you have a WTT journal? I'd love to follow your journey 😊

My story sounds similar to your although I just turned 30 last year. We wtt for ages for our first, about 3 years after our wedding, and I've been broody since she was about 6 months. We are currently waiting until next year to ttc so I expect to have another the year Grace goes to school. It feels like such a long time but honestly she's two in a few weeks and it's actually gone by in a flash. I'll be around anyway so happy to wait with you.

Also, just want to say well done for persevering with expressed breast milk. My sister did that as she couldn't get to grips with bf and I know how hard it was for her. It really is an acheivement

I pumped exclusively for 6 months because of my daughters tongue tie.. at 6 months she got busy :haha: lol and I started substituting pumped milk feeds wit formula and eventually stopped pumping all together at around 7.5/8 months and she was on formula until almost 16 months... I digress...
I am not 100% sure when we will start actively trying - I am waiting to hear about a great full time job so if/when that happens we are going to get busy dtd :blush: If not, we will wait a while until I do get a permanent full time position -I am on a contract and I earn the higher salary, and I want to make sure I have a stable job to go back to when my year of maternity leave is up...
IT SUCKS that it always seems to come down to $$$ :dohh:

Yay, I have company!

<3 Busytulip :D I don't particularly want to wait that long, you are right! Until DD is 2 or 3, maybe, but it isn't going to happen :(

Proudarmywife, good for you doing nursing training! That's so demanding, hats off to you :) I don't have a journal, I'm thinking of starting one, we shall see! Do you have one?

Annio84, thank you, it's really hard work and I'm looking forward to stopping when she's 1. I had hopef to bf for as long as she wanted to, but I can't keep pumping as long as I would have nursed, if that makes sense. I'm glad I can do something to give her at least some breastmilk, as it helps soothe the sore bit in my heart about not being able to bf. I'm glad you are nearing the end of your wait :)

Ask86, I hear you about the busy baby! It's so hard to fit in pumping time now, and I have to use a manual pump in the day when I'm alone with her because I can't actually sit down for 20-30 minutes undisturbed to pump! I've never been able to EP, as I didn't know what I was doing at the beginning to increase my supply properly, so she's always had formula as well. Well done you for EPing! Good luck with the job, I hope you get it! Part of our delay in TTC for DD was job security for both me and DH...redundancies and 'organisational change', bleeeeh!

Times like today I wonder if we will have another one...DD is being a demanding little madam, and is also going through a phase of crawling away while having her nappy changed. DH was looking after her this morning so I could have a lie-in, and she did it to him, and he got so frustrated with her. He takes it really hard when she 'misbehaves' (I know it's not really misbehaving!) and labels himself a bad father (I do the same with myself, to be honest), and I worry that when the time comes that we are able to TTC, will he or I decide we can't go back to the baby stage again?

I don't want DD to be an only child, especially as she has no cousins at all, and isn't likely to. Hopefully by the time we're gone she will have her own family, but I want her to have a sibling who she'll hopefully be close to, emotionally if not particularly in age.

SoupDragon I actually do I haven't posted much in it yet though cause it's just kinda me talking to myself :haha:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/wtt-journals/2318099-wtt-3-hopefully.html#post35689913

Feeling broody again today!

I've lost a load of weight since DD was born, and I'm now only 8lb from my target weight, though I may decide to go on and lose a few more lb depending on how I feel when I get there. I'm enjoying being slim again, and I think as long as /i keep the weight off, another pregnancy will be physically easier for me. With DD I had a stone of extra weight when I first got pregnant, and put on 44lb. Ok, 10lb of that was her, then most of the rest was water, plus placenta, blood etc, as I lost a lot of it very quickly after the birth. But I'd been trying to lose weight for years and had been losing and gaining back the same 20lb, with no real motivation to get it done properly, and now DD is all the motivation I need :)

We're not ready for another baby by any stretch of the imagination, so my coil will be staying where it is, but I'm optimistic about being able to TTC in a couple of years. I find myself browsing through the trimester boards on here and missing the journey of growing a little one.

:wave: Can I wait too?
I think we're going to start trying when DS is about 4 so another 3 and a bit years for me :(
We are planning on buying a house, getting married and more financially stable before more babies come along. I'd love for him to have siblings close in age but I'm not sure I could handle it.
I'm only 22 (almost 23) so I should be 26/27 when any more babies arrive :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->