Lucozade

Cmcxx

Reaction score
Is it ok to have lucozade !? I'm floored with ms and it's the only thing I keep down and like the taste of X I don't drink tea coffee or any other fizzy drinks ? It's my godsend I hope it's safe X

I've read it's safe and my midwife says it's ok but it does contain caffeine and a ton of sugar so try and drink in moderation. Good luck with the ms lucozade makes me feel better too.

Than you tinky X everything in moderation is key , apart from the obvious lol good luck ttc xxx

My midwife said an absolute no to lucozade!
She said as bad as drinking red bull, saying that though she told me to stay off Coke, and to be honest I need the sugar to get me through the day!

I've heard so many mixed opinions about it X I'm seeing midwife next week will clear it up then X Thankyou xxx

Not being funny but if you have the diabetes screening at 28wks they get you to take in a big bottle of Lucozade Original to do the test with (they measure out a certain amount for you to drink and then take your blood a few times at regular intervals after). So it can't be a complete no no otherwise they wouldn't use it. If it makes you feel better and you're not drinking litres of it then go ahead and don't worry about it :) also there's much less caffeine in Lucozade than other "energy" drinks and you can have upto 200mg caffeine a day according to the NHS.

Iv drank it in moderation hun as iv felt so sick ill etc i coildnt drink water as i was instantly sick

I drink maybe a small bottle every few days

I did it with dd too as thiz pregnancy is idetical

Thanks ladies my thoughts exactly . That and calipo ice lollies are the only things staying down ... Healthy balanced diet lol . I'm just eating and drinking what I can . I dnt drink any other caffeine and it does give me that wee bit of energy . Xx

Oh I've been wanting lucozade for ages but avoided due to caffeine :|

I'm sure it's ok in moderation x

It's sugary and has caffeine, but if you are otherwise healthy and not avoiding sugar for health reasons (personally, I don't eat much of it because it makes me feel ill, pregnant or not), then it should be fine as long as you keep an eye on your caffeine consumption. It looks like there is about 46 mg of caffeine per 380 ml bottle, which is about the caffeine roughly in a cup of tea (in comparison, espresso has about 60-80 ml per shot). If you are drinking more than 4 bottles a day, yes, I'd try to limit it. Otherwise, it's probably fine in moderation if it doesn't make you feel ill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->