Luminous green vaginal discharge?

palange

Reaction score
Hi

I've just had some vaginal discharge. All the time it has been either pure white or light yellow. Today it has come out neon/luminous light green is the best way to descibe it. Is this normal? Should I be concerned and phone maternity assessment?

I am 37wks+2 days pregnant

Ta

I have no idea, sorry. But if you're worried about anything, its best to call. They'll only reassure you - better than worrying!

I've just been for my antenatal apt and was asked about my discharge. They said that only need to know/have concerns if it is 'offensive', green etc so I'd call the midwife or GP, you might have an infection. Good luck :flower:

i would get it checked to be on the safe side - i had some green gunk and it turned out to be a heavy dose of thrush. Will put your mind at rest if nothing else :) x

i have had some think lumo green mucus come away this past few days im off to see midwife in half hour so ill mention it then x

Hi all

thanks for your advice. ended up calling the maternity assessment place and they are positive all is okay. they went through a couple of questions with me to check whether it was a danger sign, infection or nothing to worry about.

In the hope this post may help in future, here is what they ran through with me:

1. was I sure my waters hadn't broken (this was a definite no as I have polyhydramnios so I'm going to go in a gush) - if it had then they'd had asked me to come in for a check-up;

2. any offensive smell, itchiness or pain (none of these so that ruled out an infection)

3. baby moving (yes, so all seems okay)

She has told me to monitor it and if I have any more to give them a wee call back. Its been an hour and so far so good.

Thanks for your support and advice ladies

xx

Hey, sounds like it could be your mucus plug.. !! You could speak with MW just to ease your mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->