• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Lunch and snacks that will last.

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
I start a new job on monday, i wont be coming home for lunch like i do now, i usually bring lunch home with me, but as i wont be going home im going to make stuff to keep.

So im thinking, he likes pasta but that will only last 3 days or so in the fridge (my fridge is that cold i can usually add another day on top) & i wont freeze it.

i do freeze leftovers like bolognese, mince, shep. pie etc. but im quite stuck on other meals i can make in advance and keep in the frige or freezer beside just left over hes already eaten for tea that week.

also snacks to keep in the fridge, he likes carrot and pepper so im going to cut some up and leave in the fridge for him, also things like yogurt he likes, but what else?

i have no imagination really..

All sorts of sandwiches would be possible - cheese, ham, egg, etc. whatever he normally likes. Jacket potatoes with various fillings are good and you could definitely do those a day or two in advance. Hummus with toast or breadsticks. Then for snacks, I tend to do a lot of snacks that are fine at room temp and can be stored in the cupboard, breadsticks, crackers, rice cakes, oat cakes, with cheese or hummus or just plain, fruit of all sorts, raisins, dried fruit (some of it is really hard to chew, but you can find some that is softer or chop it up into bite sized pieces). My daughter really likes pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, which are easy because they don't need refrigeration. I also offer her certain whole nuts under supervision, which you may not be comfortable with if you're leaving him in someone else's care (I probably wouldn't be either, but when I'm there, it's fine for me). But seeds are great and really easy as a snack.

seeds and raisins isnt something ive offered him yet for some reason.
I see seeds alot in stores but i never think 'oh ill get them for M as a snack', are they even filling? do they have nutritional value? i heard people mix them with yoghurt too.

He loves dried fruit too and also snuck a nut in the other day whilst pinching great grandads dried fruit :haha: silly queston but is any dried fruit good? i mean like do you get ones that have added nasties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"