• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Lunch - Ideas?

marley2580

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm trying to get vegetarian ideas for lunches for madam. She only eats what we eat and what she can feed herself so other than bread and cheese and egg mayo I'm kind of drawing a blank. I'm wanting to get away from bread to some degree as she's mad for the stuff, I think it's the butter she loves as she turned her nose up at a piece and jam. Help!

She gets rice crispies for breakfast. I've thought of one though - scrambled eggs

How about water melon or something squishy like that? or eggy bread?

how old is she? from 7 months ive given my son a cheese sandwich as hes addicted to bread too but then hes still getting one of his 3 a day calcium with the cheese and something hes happy to eat and can eat himself with the bread :) i also gove him little tins of spaghetti shapes mashed up a little full of iron but to be honest im no good at vegie meals lol i sometimes buy the veg in little bags birds eye ones just enough in them for little ones tummy and full of goodness sweetcorn carrots brocoli etc good luck x

If you want to get away form bread what about crackers or make a dip for some sliced veg x

If you want to get away form bread what about crackers or make a dip for some sliced veg x

crackers good idea might be bit hard for baby but im not sure how old she is??? babies love rice cakes dipped in sauces too

yea some will be i mean more like chedders and ritz, Kaya is 11months . Has she got many teeth Marley x

She's 11 months and had 7 teeth - no back ones yet though. I tried scrambled egg and toast yesterday but she would only eat the toast. I bought tinned fruit to try as well but she wouldn't even try the peaches. Keep the suggestions coming please.

Cucumber sticks without the skin.
Carrot sticks
Crackerbread is quite soft.
Bananas are so much fun, mess everywhere!
Also..what about potatoe waffles...they go in the toaster for about 7 minutes and done!

boiled egg slices,soft crackers, crab sticks?

Ah I've just made a lunch thread but it doesn't have to be veggie

I have just read only scramble egg yol for baby under 1 - anyone?

I like the waffles idea btw :D

rhys loves sweetcorn patties!

225g tinned corn
3-5 tbsp flour
½ tsp baking powder
5 tbsp double cream
splash soya sauce
salt and pepper
sunflower oil, for frying

Mix the corn, flour, baking powder, cream, soya sauce together in a bowl, add seasoning, and allow to settle for a few minutes before forming into small patties in the palms of your hands
Heat a few spoonfuls of sunflower oil in a frying pan and lower the fritters carefully into the hot oil. make sure they are brown well on one side before turning over carefully onto the other.
i usually give rhys a dollop of ketchup too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"