lunch meat?

lakota

Reaction score
I've forgotten about no lunch meat unless heated!I've eaten multiple Turkey sandwiches and subway sandwiches ( I'm craving meat everything). Now I'm super paranoid and feel so guilty. Do you think it'll be OK or should I worry?

I guess pregnant woman aren't suppose to eat it because it can cause listeria. Which is an infection that can kill your baby:(:( if you eat it you have to heat it until its steaming

I don't think you need to be concerned. I read that you will experience stomach symptoms if it was infected. It's a precaution to not eat it. Don't panic, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I think there's only a problem if it's recalled. And then a bunch of other people are already sick as well. Lunch meat is pre-cooked and should already be fine to eat. If you stopped eating all the foods people say to not eat while pregnant, I don't think you'd get enough into you to grow the baby, lol.

I ate salami earlier and cooked ham last week. I will continue doing so too on occasion as long as it hasn't been in the fridge forever.

Its not very common so I'm sure you will be fine. As far as meat goes, I go to the deli section at my store and have them slice up meat for me to use on my sandwiches. Perfectly safe, fully cooked and you don't have to heat it before consumption. It is more expensive though.. I pay about $4 for 1/4 lb of roast beef.. and that only makes one or 2 sandwiches. I'm not really craving meat (but I'm not a big meat eater anyway) but I know its good protein and iron so I try to eat it every now and then. Just an option for you though :)

OK good because meat is about the only thing I can handle without being completely sick! I'm not sure I could spend that much in the deli! We don't eat too much lunch meat regularly.

My info says no deli meat, I buy mine from the deli and have been too scared to eat it. But I do think it's mostly fine and you would definetely know if you had listeria!

My OB told me there was no need to heat up lunch meat if I got it from a place that was reputable. Turkey sandwiches were my main lunch at work, so I lost how many I ate while pregnant! I'm surprised I didn't give birth to a turkey. :haha:

Thanks ladies! I feel better about it but I don't think I'll go nuts eating the stuff

I was really cautious with lunch meat during my last pregnancy and everyone rolled their eyes at me. Then, just a few weeks after I had my son, there was a huge listeria crisis in Canada and a lot of people got sick, a few people died. Odds are, it's okay, but I would be really cautious about what you eat. A lot of lunch meat have nitrates in it too, so it's not the healthiest form of meat you can choose.

I don't stop eating anything when pregnant. I didn't get listeria from it yet so chances are I'm jot getting it now either. The chance of getting it doesn't just increase because I'm pregnant...

Actually they say it does increase, pregnant women are 20 times more likely to get it, and although it might not effect us too bad, it is devestating to a newborn. Just the Info I have in my packet!

It's funny, the nurse at my Dr's office tried to tell me the reason I was to stay away from deli meat was because of the salt content. She is clearly misinformed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->